chapter 3

Harry's pov
.
It's been a few days and I've forgotten the letter entirely, I got a new book for my birthday this year, as well as some colored pencil. There's a knock at the door.
"Boy go get the door!" Veron yells, I hurry and go open the door, an oddly dressed person standing there.
"hello..? Who are you..?" I ask, avoiding eye contact, somewhat amazed by how they aren't even a little embarrassed with wearing all of that.
"I am professor sprout, little one" professor sprout says.
"I am here because you ignored the Hogwarts letter we sent and you live in a muggle household." She says, her voice is like a soft summer breeze.
I'm confused, petunia storms into the entryway and her eyes widen, and veron follows, veron goes beet red.
"get out harry. Go with that lady elsewhere. Don't come back till it's dark." Veron's voice is higher in pitch, just screaming something bad will happen when I come back.
I nod, leaving with professor sprout.
We go to this place called the leaky cauldron, us sitting down at a table and professor sprout ordering food for the both of us.
she slides a letter over to me, the same letter that petunia ripped up..
I open it carefully (Hogwarts letter, search it up if you really wanna know) my eyes widen even more and I start to laugh.
"how much did Dudley pay you for this?" I manage to choke out between bursts of laughter professor sprout seems horrified by my suggestion
"I'm not kidding Harry. You are a wizard." Professor sprout says, a sincere expression on her face.
And to prove her point she brings out a, stick? Then she waves her wand and says "lumos" and the tip of the stick lights up? Then she makes it change colors and I'm amazed. She then flicks it out.
"come, I'll explain more on the way to gringotts. The wizarding bank." Professor sprout says, and stands up.

she explains a lot on the way. She says I'm going to get an inheritance test..
We meet what professor sprout says is a goblin, I'm brought back roughly for an inheritance test.
I'm told to put some of my blood onto a paper with a special knife thing, just a drop spills out and this is what the paper says.

Hadrian James Potter

Father: James Potter (alive)
Mother: Lily Potter (alive)
Siblings: Gwen Lilith Potter (alive, twin)
Godfather; Sirius black (alive) Remus Lupin (alive)

Inheritance:
Potter (revoked)
Slytherin (by conquest)
Black

Vaults:
Slytherin main vault (available)
Black family vault (unavailable)
Slytherin possession vault (available)

"Not bad, I'll take you to the Slytherin vault so you can get money for school supplies, then I'll take you back to your future professor" the goblin says, his voice rough and low.
I nod, when we get there I get a bag and he says I can store as much as I want in there without it getting heavy, so I just take handfuls.
when we get back professor sprout takes me to madam malkin's robes for all occasions. She leaves me there, I meet a blonde boy while getting measured.
"Hogwarts as well?" He asks, startling me some.
I nod.
"what house do you think you'll be in?" He asks again, seemingly unbothered by the lack of verbal response.
I shrug.
"I'm going to be in Slytherin, my entire family has been, what quidditch team are you rooting for?" He asks, and keeps rambling on, his voice is quite nice.
He goes quiet when what seems to be his father comes in though. I take note of that for the future, I want to be friends with the blonde boy, I hope I see him at the train, he's dragged away roughly by his father when he's done, no more time for more conversation or even get his name..
Professor sprout comes and gets me, taking me to get school supplies and letting my shop for some new clothes as well.
"I have to take you back now, I'm sorry my dear, I wouldn't if I didn't have too" she says as she leans down near me ear, acting like she's picking something up, she slips me a piece of paper and whispers.
"don't read that till your in a private place." Then straightens up and acts like nothing happened, I take her hand, and we apparate back to the dursleys.
I hurry into my room, letting out a sigh of relief when I close the door, opening up the folded piece for paper.
it says 'do not trust the headmaster' that was a very odd letter, but I'll keep that information in mind.
I sit down and start to organize my new trunk, very grateful for the new clothes I have. I settle onto my bed, trying to figure out how to get to platform 9 ¾.

Author's note:
Shorter this time, sorry I didn't know what else to do with this chapter, have a good new years! <3 Hedwig is not harry's in this au, mwah, ha haaaa

840 words