10 | Sunshine's Woes

╔══════════════════╗

MISADVENTURES IN PARADISE
x. SUNSHINE'S WOES

╚══════════════════╝

   TECHNICALLY, RILEY SHOULD HAVE been fired for allowing a gaggle of crabby, multiversal supervillains to freely roam New York

   TECHNICALLY, RILEY SHOULD HAVE been fired for allowing a gaggle of crabby, multiversal supervillains to freely roam New York. But, then again, technically, Riley was her own boss. And that was exactly what she texted Happy Hogan when he caught her, Peter, and May ushering said multiversal supervillains into his apartment through his security camera.

   It was comical watching Happy's place transform into a place of refuge. Flint tracked sand everywhere he went. Even when he tried to dust it aside, he soiled the furniture even further. Solar investigated the framed photos in the living room while Max toyed with the TV, which buzzed and frizzed in his presence. Only Dr. Connors was absent, as he had wanted to wait in the F.E.A.S.T. truck for whatever reason. He might've mentioned why, but Riley was too fixated on how she was going to cure Solar to pay much attention to anyone else. Peter had made a joke about her being "self-absorbed" and laughed just a little too hard at his own humor.

   "So, this is your plan, Peter? Hm?" Octavius griped, still ensnared by his tentacles. "No lab, no facilities? Just performing miracles in a condominium? What, you're gonna cook up some cures, some frozen burritos in a microwave?"

   Tinkering with DUM-E in the corner, Norman chirped, "I could go for a burrito."

   "He's gonna kill us all."

   "Well, let's hope not," Peter said. "You're up first, Doc." He patted his shoulder, then slipped into his room.

   "What? Hey, I told you. I don't need fixing. I don't need fixing!" Octavius barked. "Especially by a teenager using scraps from a bachelor's junk drawer!"

   Max trailed after the teenager. "Nah, nah, nah. He got something back there. I can feel it... That weird energy."

   Riley and Solar exchanged matching skeptical glances before joining them in Peter's room. Inside, Peter unsheathed a massive cube on the floor, which read STARK INDUSTRIES on the side in black letters.

   "What the hell is that?" Norman asked, split between apprehension and curiosity.

   "It's a fabricator!" Peter pushed a button, and it began to unfold itself into a greater machine. A household engineering lab, to be more specific. "It can analyze, design, construct basically anything."

   "I thought that was the tanning bed Happy broke," May admitted.

   From one of the device's recesses, the Arc Reactor sprung forward. Max's hungry eyes flashed yellow. "Look at that..."