Ch 3: Arms Deal for Future Endeavours

Start from the beginning

Throughout my entire speech, my mind wandered to two faces that fit the criteria that I mentioned; Tank-Top Tiger for the glory and Saitama for both the money and fun of it (man's gotta eat after all). I am acutely aware of the possibility of there being many more people that fit those three, but I can't remember everyone's names, faces and motivations. Regardless, despite how shallow some of the future members of the HA would turn out to be, as long as they put themselves in the line of fire for the sake of the average person, then they're doing alright I'd say.

The kid looked up at me eyes that looked like they're sparkling, hints of awe in his expression. "Are you gonna be a Hero mister?" he asked me, me smiling down at him. I nodded, the boy's expression shining in adoration and awe before his mother called out to him. Seeing as the boy's attention was elsewhere, I turned back around in my seat and watched as the landscape passed by-my little interaction with the kid taking so much of my attention that I never noticed the bus began moving.

City M here I come...

=Time skip; 1 hour, 36 minutes=

Thankfully, the bus ride to the City M station was less eventful and passed quite peacefully. Having now arrived at City M, I pulled out the paper with the weapon smith's address-some mental mapping putting the address near the warehouse docks.

Yeah, that was something not really shown in One Punch Man, life outside of the cities. We got that brief portion with Tatsumaki being flown to take care of the Ancient King, but outside of that, nothing. See, life outside of the cities mainly comprises of mining operations in some mountain regions with mining towns near those ops. 'Course, this is mainly because all of the cities are on one big continent of course. Just something I should point out.

Moving on from that tidbit, I began my trek to the City M warehouse district while a mindless tune, simply enjoying the walk. Wanting something to occupy my time, I flicked open my Gamer screen only to be greeted by a pop-up.

=New Skill unlocked: Inspiration (Level-Beginner)

The ability to give inspiring words to those around you, often to lift up people's spirits and to expel the fears plaguing them, bringing hope to all. Using this skill with allies in combat will give both them and yourself numerous buffs.

Current stats: Using 'Inspiration' on allies grants +0.5% bonus HP regeneration, +1% bonus Mana regeneration, +5% bonus damage, +10% bonus defence and +10% bonus speed to them and yourself. Expels up to 2 emotion-plaguing debuffs from civilian individuals.

Oooh, new cool skill. Must've been when I gave that speech to the boy on the bus. Looking over the buffs that are granted, it's interesting to note that it uses a flat damage boost instead of say a Strength boost, but cool nonetheless. One thing I'm interested to see is how the buffs will increase upon the skill levelling up.

Dismissing the message, I took in the sights of City M and noted that it's quite like City K in that it's not all that special-though that would no doubt change should the whole debacle with King accidentally stealing Saitama's fame would come into play. Presently however, it was a decent city with nothing too notable about it.

Roughly 15 minutes later, I began to see the Warehouse District down the street-a quick double check of the address telling me I'm on the right track. Passing by some warehouses, I took note that there wasn't a whole lot of activity in the area, but put that off in favour of focusing on reaching the weapon smith. It took a bit, but eventually I reached the given address, standing in front of one of the many warehouses. Balling my hand into a fist, I loudly knocked on the door and hearing a muffled "Hold your horses!". Absentmindedly clicking my fingers, I waited for maybe a good minute before the door opened.