Ch 3: Arms Deal for Future Endeavours

AN: Hello again lads and lassies! Hope everyone has been doing fine ever since Ch 2 and all that.

This chapter is basically a small part 2 to the last one, set after the Chimaera-Lupine fight. So don't expect anything too extravagant or some such-that's next chapter :)

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy.

Ch 3: Arms Deal for Future Endeavours

About an hour after that whole ordeal with that monster, ambulances arrived after someone managed to get a signal and contact for emergency aid. With three ambulances worth of paramedics looking over the civilians, I was still sitting against the carriage watching everyone get looked over. I myself was already looked over by the medics and thanks to Gamer's Body, the paramedics were mildly confused by the lack of any notable injuries before pushing that off to the side and going to check on others. Internally, I was mildly miffed I didn't get a Dungeon Key from the Chimaera, but I still liked the nice helping of experience that I got from both the monster and the main quest.

Speaking of the Chimaera fight, the military dude that I borrowed the pistol from woke up about 15 minutes after the paramedics did and lemme just say-despite being a bit stereotypical with his gruff speech, he was quite a nice guy to briefly talk to. We had a bit of an exchange, small sentences here and there before I gave the man his pistol and he wandered off to get looked at by the medics. Standing up, I began to stretch out my arms and legs with sighs of relief escaping my mouth.

Hearing a horn blow, I looked to my right to see roughly 3-4 buses drive up, with one of the drivers stepping out and making an announcement.

"If I can have your attention!" The driver called out, a megaphone helping his voice carry across the field with many of the civilians looking over to him, "Due to this inconvenience, buses have been sent out to transport you all to the City M train station. When you're ready, please orderly board any bus you so wish." announcement made, the driver retreated into his respective bus, followed by all the civilians that were already looked over-including myself. Snagging a window seat in the middle of the bus, I rested my head backwards and got comfortable.

Only, seconds later after I closed my eyes, I felt a small bump against my left arm from behind me. Looking over my left shoulder and my seat to the row behind me, I saw a kid-a boy roughly around 5 years old with curly ginger hair-his finger poised to poke me again. Raising an eyebrow, I watched the kid shrink into himself sheepishly while having an embarrassed grin, myself absentmindedly noting the gap in his front teeth.

"Yes kid?" I asked him softly so as to not scare him. I watched as the little boy composed himself and leaned forward so I could better hear him.

"Thanks for saving us mister." he said softly, the kid's blue eyes shining with gratitude and a hint of leftover fear from when the monster rampaged. "I was scared the monster would come for us." the kid began to tear up, out of the corner of my eye I noticed his mother sorting out some bags before seeing her child crying. Looking back to the kid who was no-doubt minorly traumatised by the prospect of an approaching death, I put on a kind smile and spoke to the kid.

"Hey kid," I spoke softly, the boy looking up at me through mildly teary eyes, "Just know that whenever trouble arises, be it the regular criminals or a monster attack, there's gonna be someone there to take care of it. Sure, they could be in it for the glory, some for the reward or even just the fun of it. But I like to believe that as long as you're protecting people from threats and putting yourself in harm's way for them, then I'd say you're doing pretty good. After all, isn't that what Heroes do?" My words seemed to have the intended effect as it snapped the young kid out of his fearful and rekindled some light in his eyes.