chapter 1

October 31st 1981
Voldemort's pov
.
I was standing outside of Godric's Hallow where wormtail said I'd find the potters and their children, I didn't want to kill a child, but if Dumbledore wins all will be lost.
I am sure of it. The wizarding world as we know it will be lost, if Dumbledore is to win our history will be erased, our traditions lost.

Only light spells will remain and muggles will find out about us, which will kill us all, even the old fool. So I take a deep breath, and sigh, as I head into the household, met with James Potter himself, the loyal lapdog of Dumbledore.
"Stay away from my family you monster!" James yelled, pointing his wand at my chest.

I cannot bring myself to kill another soul tonight, so I send a stupefy his way and he fell to the ground.
I head up the stairs to see Lilly Potter hurrying to make a portkey, her back is turned to me, I hit her as well with a stupefy, going over to the two twins in her arms that have fallen to the ground because of the stupefy that hit their mother.
The house is dark, I cannot get a good look at either of the children, I can only feel their magic, one has an incredibly weak core, close to a squib, definitely not the one to defeat me. The other one is overflowing with magic, the magic feeling old and calm compared to many other wizards of this world.
"I am so, so sorry child, I cannot let you live, I cannot let Dumbledore use you as a pawn to destroy the wizarding world" I say,
and point my wand at the child with the stronger core, and I whisper the spell "avada kedavra" suddenly a shield is forced back at me and then my body is dust, I latch a piece of myself to the child with the stronger core, hoping I'll be able to lead the child the right way subconsciously.
.
No ones pov
.
The explosion Voldemort caused with his death had a piece of glass cut into the weaker child's cheek, cutting an ugly V into it, the stronger child falling asleep from using such a powerful spell at such a young aage
As Sirius, Remus and the Aurors rush into Gordrics Hallow, Dumbledore was waiting in the headmasters office for the Potters call, thinking up a plan to make the wizarding world his version of perfection.
.
Sirius pov
.
I run into Gordrics hallow worried about the Potters, especially the twins, they were one of the only ones besides Neville who fit the prophecy, I don't really believe the prophecy, I feel like something is missing, but Voldemort must not feel anything out of place because he attacked them.
"James!" I cried as I saw one of my best mates on the ground, limp.
I hurry and say the counter to a stupefy, praying that it works.
"Sirius..?" James croaks out, looking confused and dazed, I hug him tight, relieved.
James bearings come back in a snap "what about lily? Little Gwen? Harry?! Sirius please tell me!" James pleads.
"I don't know James, the Aurors and Remus are upstairs now, we'll know in a few minutes.." I reply, voice shaking a little.
trying to be calm and collected for James but also incredibly worried about the three upstairs.
.
Remus pov
.
As I leave Sirius with James, I go up the stairs 2 at a time, going into the twins nursery, it being in absolute ruins, Gwen screaming and crying while Harry and Lily look dead.
I hurry and cast the counter to stupefy on Lily, who begins to regain consciousness.
I go try it on Harry, who doesn't respond, then I hurry to check his pulse, and let out a sob of relief, he's still alive.
"Remus..? What's going on..?" Lily asks, her voice not her normal light happy tone, more of a hoarse tone, like she was talking with mud in her mouth.
"Don't talk yet Lily, your children and husband are fine, you were just hit with a powerful stupefy and went through a traumatic experience, you and your family are going to be transported to St. Mungos. Do you wish for me to notify Dumbledore and have him come to you?" I ask, trying to keep my voice calm and soothing.
Lily nods, and then her and the children are transported to St. Mungos.
.
Dumbledore pov
.
I did not expect Remus to be the one to contact me, but he did always seem to care for people, though I know it is just an act.
He is a filthy werewolf, a dark creature. And dark creatures are filth, parasites. I stand up anyway and apparate to St. Mungos. Meeting the Potter seniors.
"Hello James, Lily" I say, a careful frown on my face, showing off concern and sadness while truly I could care less, they are just pawns.
"Professor Dumbledore! we are so glad you're here!" James says, pure relief showing on his face as well as in his thoughts, but another thought was wondering about which twin was the savior of the wizarding world.
"Where are your children?" I ask, I need to get to them.
They are important to my plan. I need to get into their heads that the non-savior is useless
I don't need a potential block in my plan. "They're getting examined right now.." Lily replies.
the girl is still looking shaken from the whole thing, I know she'll be more against getting rid of the useless twin, but hopefully James will sway her.
I go into the room the twins are in and make my decision.
.
James pov
.
Dumbledore comes out holding Gwen "this is the savior of the wizarding world!" He says, loud and clear.
my eyes widen "she is? My little Gwen? That's amazing!" I say, Dumbledore nods "you see the mark on her cheek? It is clear. Voldemort marked her as his equal." I take her into my arms and spin her around, so proud of my little girl.
Lily speaks up for the first time sense this happened "what about Harry? How is he?" She asks.
I don't understand why she isn't celebrating Gwen, harry is probably fine "I am afraid he is nothing more then a squib now.. Gwen probably used up his magic through the twin bond to defeat Voldemort." Lily gasps.
I am upset, I didn't want a squib, I may be ok with muggle borns but seriously? Squibs are so useless to the wizarding world. Lily probably doesn't understand that being muggleborn.
"I think it'd be best if he grew up with the dursleys.. He should be around muggles like himself. Otherwise he'd grow up jealous and upset of his sisters powers and fame." Dumbledore says, I nod, I didn't want a squib ruining my reputation anyways.
Lily looks upset and shocked "what the bloody hell James?! That's your son! It doesn't matter if he's a squib or not!" Lily exclaims, tears in her eyes.
Unable to believe her husband, the man she cut ties with her family for, would agree to something so barbaric.
I look to Dumbledore for help, he gestures for us to go talk somewhere private, I go with him away from my wife. "Give her this, it'll help her see reason." Dumbledore says, holding out a cup of tea.
I nod, taking it and walking back to lily, Gwen happily cuddled up in my arms, I sit next to lily.
"I'm sorry dear.. Take this tea as an apology gift..?" I say, offering the tea, she nods with a thankful smile, taking a sip of the tea.

Dumbledore snaps "you now agree with me and your husband about getting rid of harry." He says, lily nods, eyes glazed over.

Authors note:
I hope you enjoyed it! This is my first fic soo thanks for reading, I'll try to make more chapters, but I have no idea what I'm doing so :p
                                                              1345 words