"Hey, Angel."

With a clenched jaw and tight lips, she glances at me, acknowledging me for about 0.2 seconds before returning her gaze forward.

Yep. She's pissed.

"Jayden," I nod. Turning, I mumble a quick hello to everyone else gathered around the table.

"I heard on the grapevine you weren't coming down today," Jayden says.

Inching closer to Brea, I press my side to hers. I hear the small intake of her breath as she bristles beside me. Good to know I still affect her, even when she's angry at me.

"Changed my mind."

"I heard another rumour," Jayden continues, moving his arm back to where it was, in touching-distance from Brea.

I try not to show the annoyance I'm feeling on my face. Tapping my thumb against the table, I look toward him. It's a challenge not to scowl.

"Did you?"

An arrogant smirk tilts his lips. "Heard you're messing around with Veronica."

The mild chatter in the group subsides. A few people glance between us.

"Excuse me," Brea mutters, pushing away from the table.

A moment passes. Then another.

Fuck it.

I follow her, ignoring Jayden completely. She weaves through the people gathering around the small space and darts toward the hallway that leads to the bathrooms. She walks down to the end and pushes open the door of the staffroom. I slip inside before the door shuts and watch as she presses her palms onto the table, staring down at it.

"I'm not messing around with anyone," I say.

Breathing hard, she doesn't look up.

"The only person I want to mess around with is you."

Whirling around to face me, she narrows her pretty eyes in my direction.

"You have avoided me all week. You're a coward and an asshole," she spits, looking furious. Her cheeks redden with each word.

"I am both of those things," I admit. "I've tried to distance myself because I'm not a good guy."

"What?" she asks.

"I'm not someone who will please your parents. I'm not someone who your friends will like. I have my own way of doing things and I stick to it, whether people like it or not." I tell her, taking two long strides so that there is no space between us. "I tried to ignore these feelings and push you away because I am not good enough for you." Cupping her face in my hands, I tilt her head back, forcing he gaze onto mine. "But I'm fucking crazy about you and the thought of someone else near you makes me lose my mind."

She's breathing hard as we stare at each other.

"You drive me crazy, too," she whispers.

"What are we going to do about it?" I demand.

"Kiss me."

Diving toward her mouth, I kiss her. I tug her toward me, kicking the door shut. I blindly reach for it and lock it. We break apart and I lift her. She lets out a squeak as I drop her onto the table. Parting her legs, I drop to my knees, looking up at me.

"Zander..." she whispers, eyes flicking toward the door.

"Tell me to stop, and I'll stop."

I lightly press my lips to her inner thigh.