Chapter 11: Bloody Encounters

~~~~~~~~
Skylar
~~~~~~~~

We completely demolished the bridge coming through, landing rather roughly afterwards.
I crawled out of the gyrosphere before running a hand through my hair, already missing its length.
I sighed, looking around the area before freezing.
Nomura lay there, pressing her side as blood seeped between her fingers.
"Nomura, what happened?" I asked, rushing to her side as panic quickly filled me.
"Where's Jim?" I then questioned.
She met my eyes with a solemn look, pain evident in her features.
She hissed as she turned over.
"Gunmar got out. Jim tried to hold him off, but fell to the control of the Decimaar Blade. I tried to stop him from leaving. He left me to bleed out." She explained.
Shit.
Shit.
"FUCK!" I shouted, running a hand through my hair again as I looked down at her wound.
"Fuck fuck fuck." I repeated, closing my eyes before turning my gaze to the others.
"Help me get her up. We're taking her to my house. Now." I ordered.
Arrrgh was quick to lift Nomura up, setting her on his back.
I deactivated the armor, the amulet floating briefly before I grabbed it from the air, stuffing it into my pocket.
"Gods help us." I muttered before looking to Toby.
"Phone. Now." I ordered.
He fumbled as he began pulling it out of his pocket, Arya helping Nomura stay on Arrrgh's back as we began moving.
"A please would be nice." He muttered.
I took the phone from him, dialing my mothers number.
This is going to fucking suck.
"Hey, Toby, is something wrong?" Mom immediately answered with.
"Mom, it's an emergency. Meet me at home as quickly as you can." I spoke before hanging up.
"We'll take the sewers and head to the basement." I spoke, handing the phone back to Toby.
"Wait, what about Jim?" Claire asked.
"We'll handle it. Right now, we have to get Nomura help and I have to figure out how the hell I'm supposed to tell my mom everything, again. So everybody just shut the hell up and let me think." I responded.
We have to get to Gunmar.
"I know, just shut up." I hissed under my breath, already walking as fast as possible due to Arrrgh carrying a patient.
Claire jogged up next to me, handing me the bag I had left behind when going through the bridge.
I frowned before taking the strap and slipping it on.
I closed my eyes, breathing a heavy sigh.
This shit is fucked.
Nomura needs to find the stones for us. Save her.
What the hell do you think I'm trying to do?
I shot back immediately, tearing off a sleeve of my shirt before handing it to Nomura.
"Use this." I spoke, causing her to nod as she took it.
I could see the dazed look in her eye.
She was losing too much blood.

It took a total of fifteen long minutes to get to the Basement.
"Arya, Toby, set up that table against the wall. Claire get the medic kit from the bathroom. I'm going to get water, towels, the sewing kit, probably the iron too. Arrrgh set Nomura on the table after they're done setting it up. I have to get Mom ready for this to make sure she doesn't pass out." I spoke, already heading up the stairs as Claire followed me.
Claire rushed upstairs as I began grabbing a pot, filling it with water before setting it on the stove.
I set it onto a five before heading over to the closet, grabbing the extra towels, unfortunately they were white.
I placed the towels on the counter, digging through the drawers before finding the sewing kit.
Claire headed towards the basement with the medic kit, stopping to watch me a moment.
"Claire, you know first aid, right?" I asked, glancing at her briefly.
"Basic first aid, yeah." She replied, turning a little pale at the thought of what I was gonna say next.
"I need you to stop the bleeding, or at least get it to slow until my mom gets here. I don't know how long she's going to be." I spoke before my phone began to ring.
I picked up immediately as Claire rushed downstairs after taking a couple towels I pulled out.
"I'm almost there, what's going on, do I need to stop and get anything?" Mom asked over the phone.
"Do not stop. I'll explain everything when you get here. Just be quick and don't get pulled over. We don't have time for that." I spoke.
"Just tell me now, I'm just a few streets away." She pressed, worry in her tone.
"It's a lot to explain. Someone got hurt and we can't go to the hospital, which is why I called you. Claire is trying to stop the bleeding down. They're in the basement since there was more room down there. I'm boiling some water to clean the wound and I grabbed the sewing kit. It may have to be cauterized." I spoke quickly.
"Why can't you come to the hospital? Skylar, this sounds serious. Where's Jim?" She was panicked.
"Mom, I'll explain when you get here, just-" A scream from Nomura interrupted me.
"I have to go. In the basement." I spoke before hanging up, grabbing the heated water from the stove along with a couple towels.
I'll grab the other things once I'm done.
I moved down the stairs as quickly as I could, setting the pot down before grabbing the towels.
"She's losing too much blood. I don't know what to do." Claire spoke, stepping aside for me to clean the wound.
"Nomura, stay with me." I spoke, washing away the blood before pressing the rag to her side.
She groaned, wincing as she stared up at the ceiling.
"Nomura, hey, Nomura. Pay attention. I need to ask you a couple questions. Okay, can you answer them for me?" I asked, keeping my tone as calm, yet urgent, as possible.
She nodded weakly.
"Good. Nomura, we may need to do a blood transfusion. Can you have a blood transfer with NotEnrique?" I questioned.
She hissed at the pain as I added a bit more pressure before switching rags.
"Toby, clean this." I ordered, causing the boy to take it before rushing upstairs.
Nomura then nodded weakly.
"Yes." She whispered, voice growing distant.
"We're lucky then. Claire, call NotEnrique. Blinky, I need you to go to Trollmarket, find something, anything that can be used for a blood transfer. Take Arrrgh with you and be quick." I ordered.
"lady Sky-"
"Go!" I shouted, glancing at him briefly.
Blinky and Arrrgh exchanged a look before nodding and running down the tunnel.
"What should I do?" Draal asked.
"You've seen all kinds of wounds before, right? Looking at this can you tell if the blade used had been poisoned? Anything like that?" I asked, glancing at him.
He studied it a moment.
"A clean cut." He replied, causing me to nod.
"Good. Nomura, hey. You gotta stay awake. Alright?" I spoke, catching her drifting.
I snapped my fingers at her.
"Draal, hold this here." I ordered, hearing the vehicle pull in.
Draal stepped over me, placing his hand on the rag.
"Keep pressure on the wound. I'll be right back. Don't let her go to sleep." I ordered, jogging up the stairs just as Mom walked in.
"The rag is cleaned." Toby spoke.
"Good, go switch the rags out with Draal and get the other one clean." I replied before looking to Mom.
Her eyes were wide.
"What happened to you?" She asked rushing over and running a hand over the scar before brushing my bangs away.
"Why is your hair so short, and your head... Why are you bleeding. You didn't have this scar earlier." She spoke.
I grabbed her hands.
"Mom, focus. What you're about to see will be crazy. But I can't have you faint-
"I've seen blood before, what's going on?" She questioned, heading towards the basement.
"I swear, I'll explain everything after. Just stay upright and help my friend." I spoke before leading her to the basement.
She stopped halfway down the stairs, staring at the seen before her.
"Mom, she's dying." I spoke, snapping her out of it.
She nodded, immediately switching over to her doctor mode.
She pushed Draal away, checking the wound before shouting orders.
"Claire, how long until NotEnrique gets here?" I asked when she came down the stairs.
"A couple minutes at least." She replied as I handed Mom another clean rag and placed the sewing kit down.
"Draal, you know how during the pyrobligst the trolls poured molten metal over their wounds to help the healing process?" I questioned, looking at the stone skin Nomura had.
She was in too much pain to shift, there was no way we could get her to do so in order to treat the wound with an iron and a sewing kit.
Draal only nodded.
"I need you to get some here somehow." I spoke before speaking my thoughts.
"I'll be quick." He replied, causing me to nod.
"Let's hope so." I spoke simply before he left.
We then fell into a rhythm of work, trying to keep Nomura alive while we waited for the others.
Luckily, the blood had finally stopped.