Holiday Away

A/N: I figured I'd write a festive imagine! Don't forget to vote and comment!

Enjoy! 

"Hey! The Halsteads are here!" Hermann exclaimed as you, Jay, and Hailey walked into Molly's.

"Three-fourths of us," you answered. "Will's at work."

"He'll be here later though, Hermann. Don't you worry," Jay reassured him.

"Good," Cindy said. "We have more than enough food.

"Where's everyone else?" you asked, meaning the rest of 51. You knew that everyone's schedule always got screwed up during the holidays, so some people on their normal shift got stuck working a different one.

"Pretty sure Stella and Kelly picked up a bit of overtime, so they should be here soon. I don't know when all the rest of them will be here," Herrmann answered.

 "Well, I went out with Gallo, Violet, and Ritter last night and Gallo and Ritter were three sheets to the wind when we left, so they're probably sleeping off hangovers," you said.

At this, Jay's eyes widened. "You didn't tell me that. Did they get home okay? I told you to call me or Will if you needed a ride home."

"Violet said she'd get them back to her apartment at least. And, she texted me when she was back, so don't worry. Jeez, have a little faith in me, Jay."

Jay rolled his eyes.

"Guys, we can continue this conversation when we have some food," Hailey said.

Jay nodded. "Good point."

The three of you grabbed Thanksgiving food with all the fixings from the bar and sat down.

The minute you sat down, in waltzed Adam, Kim, and Makayla followed by Kevin and... you gasped.

"Vanessa?!" you exclaimed and jumped up.

"Looks like they pulled it off," Kevin said as you ran up to her and gave her a hug.

You pulled away and gave a confused look to Kevin. "Pulled what off?"

"We all knew for months that she was coming home for Thanksgiving, but we decided to surprise you."

"Well, consider me surprised!"

"Alright, grab some food and then you can catch up!" Hermann yelled. "Cindy will murder me if all this food she and her book club made goes to waste!"

"Christopher!" Cindy yelled.

Hermann shrugged. "What? It's true."

You all laughed and then let the rest of Intelligence fill their plates while you helped Jay push together a table so that you could all sit together.

When Vanessa sat down, you decided it was time that you broke out your Spanish...despite how rusty it was from two years of online Spanish classes plus your current gap year between undergrad and grad school.

***

Half an hour later, Kelly and Stella walked in. And then, fifteen minutes after them, came Gallo, Violet, and Ritter.

"Hey!" Stella yelled. "If anyone wants drinks, c'mon up to the bar!"

"They ain't free, though!" Hermann yelled again. Cindy gave him a side-eye. "Fine. Fifty percent off, but only because it's a holiday. And, Lee Henry will be here with the other kids soon, so if he wants a drink, don't give it to him! He's still a few months away from the legal drinking age."

A few of the first responders laughed and then you waited for a few people to get up and go to the bar and then you went up.

When you ordered your drink from Stella, you had to yell over how loud it was starting to get. Some of the doctors and nurses from Med had just walked in, so there were even more people here. You couldn't believe it had only been you, Hailey, and Jay just a little over an hour ago.