You won't believe this false hope

Bakugou paused, his calm and content expression turning stone cold. He watched as the timid motherfucker walked off with a blond bastard, a pair he had seen too frequently at lunch. He was tempted to stay in the shadows, but Eijirou had looked at his watch and mumbled something to himself.

"Maybe if I run I can make the end of the game?"

"We finished half an hour ago." Bakugou walked into the glow the motion censored lamps gave off, startling Kirishima who had to think for a moment to process what he just heard.

"Oh man, hey Katsuki," his voice trembled as he scratched the back of his neck, an apologetic smile twisting his lips, "uhm, did you have fun?"

"Pikachu was screaming the whole time, plain face about shít his pants," Katsuki brushed past him, entering the double doors. Kirishima followed him.

"Uhm, what'd you do afterwards?"

"I left, there was nothing else to do."

"Then...why are you coming back so late?"

"...I took a walk." Katsuki pressed the elevator button, wanting to shove Eijirou in the wall and make him feel guilty for bailing on him. He was mad at him, livid almost, that he'd abandon him for some stupid project that wasn't even due until next week. He doubted that timid ass punk was so busy that today was his only day free.

"You do cardio at the weirdest times."

"Did you get whatever shit you had to do done?" Katsuki snapped, not looking back as the elevator opened. Kirishima happily hopped inside and leaned against the wall opposite of him as Katsuki pressed the button.

"Oh man, it was such a blast!" Kirishima began to describe what he had worked on with Tamaki in extreme detail, saying how they did a survey outside of campus, asking people how well they ate and how often they exercised. Apparently Tamaki was in Food Science, and had actually requested Kirishima to help him conduct a survey to determine a correlation between foods and exercise since he was in Physical Education.

"Although I'm planning to become a physical therapist instead of a P.E teacher, I feel like learning various habits of people will help me understand my future patients, you know?"

Katsuki froze as he leaned against his dormitory door. He had never really asked anything about what exactly Kirishima was studying, so this was the first time hearing about his pursuit in becoming a physical therapist. He was so great with children he strongly assumed he'd be a primary school P.E teacher or something.

Katsuki contemplated in silence, glaring at the ground with his arms crossed and his back against the door. The silence filled the hallway, and it was absolutely suffocating.

"...you're mad at me, aren't you?"

"Oh no, why would I be fucking mad at you?"

"Oh please, you've been acting cold and sarcastic this whole time!" Kirishima sighed and dragged his hand down the side of his neck. "I'm sorry okay? I just wanted to get it over with as soon as possible and Tamaki asked if we could do it today. I didn't think you guys would be mad."

"I'm the only one that's mad, shitty hair," Katsuki informed, causing Eijirou to raise his brows. "Spider-Man and Pikachu don't fuckin' care."

"Then...why...?" Kirishima was confused. Katsuki felt like he was going to snap in half like a twig if he tensed up anymore.

"..." Katsuki could only stare at him. He couldn't concoct the words to explain why he was—no, what he was feeling. He couldn't tell him he hated when he was around other people and that he should only hang out with him; he couldn't be angry at him for having his own thoughts and feelings outside of their friendship; he couldn't yell at him for having a life and friends that had nothing to do with him. That was too cruel and unjust.