You owe me

So we're going back to Mystic Falls. Again. This time, Ricks wedding. I thought about skipping, considering we aren't all that close. But one does not say no to Caroline Forbes. We made a deal that I'd come back whenever she called or I'd regret it. Only for her.

"I know you've only met Jo a few times but she's really good for Rick!"

"I don't doubt it Caroline, l just don't think either of them would miss me on the dance floor"

"Stefan. I will not beg."

"I won't make you. I'll talk to Rebekah and see you in a few weeks."

"Yay! See you then."

Alaric is marrying the doctor that also happens to be one of Elenas' mentors at the hospital for a pre med class. She is one of Jos bridesmaids and Damon is a groomsmen. I'm far from unresolved feelings for her. Still, I'm not looking forward to watching them walk down the isle together. I cant imagine them ever getting married. He won't change his ways, even for Elena. Time apart has reminded me of that. Caroline would complain for hours if I let her. It's a few weeks away so at least I can mentally prepare myself, and Rebekah. I know she will not go willingly.

"Why do I always have to return with you to that wretched town"

"It's only a weekend." I walked towards her, moving her hair behind her ear.

"48 hours is too long." She let out a heavy sigh. She's made amends with most of the gang back home and they've welcomed her more since she's been with me. Caroline stayed with us a few times over the years and has grown a sort of friendship with her.

"How about, after the wedding we go spend some time in New Orleans?" I cupped her face in my hand, hoping she'll relax into me.

"Fine, but you owe me. And I get to pick the next country on our list." She's been alive for a century and still has things she wants to accomplish and places she wants to see. I admire that. We started a list of places we wanted to go together and experiences that would "ensure the possibility of fun. Forever."

"I'll make it up to you, I promise"

"Good." She moved the books off my desk and started to raise her skirt, eyeing my belt with a smirk on her face. "I have an idea on where you can to start."

*

"Congrats again Rick"

"Thanks Stefan, I'm glad you could make it." He glances at Rebekah across the room talking to Caroline. "Make sure your date behaves please. I don't need bite marks on any guests."

"Listen. The only thing you need to worry about today is making sure your beautiful brides comes back down that isle."

"Haha. I'm a lucky man, I know." He scans the room and moves his head closer to whisper. "Did Caroline tell you the news?"

"What news?"

He smiles. "We found out Jo is pregnant a few weeks ago. I'm gonna be a dad!"

"Wow, that is incredible news." I shook his hand and patted him on his back. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks man, I'll talk to you after!"

Im so jealous of him

*

"Stefan Salvatore"