Relationship Responsibilities 《 Oneshot 》

Start from the beginning

Currently, Edric had decided to not wear the same concealment he's had since he was younger. He had tried to break out of the habit, but it proved to be a tad difficult. However, today, he resisted against the temptation of wearing the stone.

Hunter finally got to the kitchen after giving Flapjack their food for the day. As he sat down on one of the stools in the kitchen, he looked at his partner.

"What'cha making?"

Edric hummed lowly at the question. "Flapjacks? Y'know, since you did enjoy them like last time. Then again, you did fuss about not wanting to eat them because they looked just like Flap."

Hunter scowled at the comment. "I did no such thing." Edric smirked. "You sure, Hun? I do recall a certain witch cooing over the flapjacks being shaped like Flap."

"Shouldn't you be cooking?" Edric chuckled at Hunter's question. Hunter knew that Edric would've won this conversation if they continued.

"Fine, fine, grumpy," Edric teased. "Hey! I heard that." Edric snickered and turned to focus on getting out the ingredients. The memory was sweet and tender as Edric remembers when Hunter had flapjacks for the first time. The pure delight on the pale blonde's face made Edric's heart sing. It became engraved in Edric's mind.

As Edric was cooking, Hunter decided he should probably do some cleaning while Edric cooked. Hunter would help with cooking, but since a certain incident, Edric had banned Hunter from the kitchen and stove.

Hunter was 20 and he even knew that he didn't deserve that kind of scolding from Darius after word caught out about the little fire mishap. How was Hunter supposed to know that cereal could catch on fire?

"Breakfast is ready!" Hunter looked down at the spilled birdseeds on the ground and decided that should be a problem for future Hunter.

He strolled back to the kitchen table. Hunter almost let out a groan when his stomach started to rumble. Edric knew exactly how to make the flapjacks appealing to him.

"Eat up, Huntie." Hunter blushed at the pet name and rolled his eyes fondly. Edric took his seat beside him and ate. The two talked about their plans for tonight's dinner. Hunter was dreading on seeing Amity again, but he knew he was wrong about that. They were like family to him. Even if it was a little one-sided.

"So have you decided what you'll be making for dinner?" Edric froze at the question. Hunter caught that action and raised an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you don't know what you'll be making?"

Edric laughed nervously, "It's hard to choose what to make." He gazed down at his hands. "I want to try and make one of the dishes Camila had shown me. I think I made make chicken paste-til-os."

Magneta eyes looked confused at the punctuation and then realized. "You mean pastelitos?" Edric groaned, "My spanish needs work." Hunter huffed a laugh. "Vee, Camila, and Luz kept trying to teach me, so I learned."

"Still, I think you should make it if you want," Hunter suggested. He did remember trying them before. They were quite tasty.

"You should? I don't want to offend Luz." Hunter reached over to grab Edric's hand. "Ed, I'm pretty sure Luz won't mind." Edric decided to let it go as he calmed down his nerves.

"Thank you, Goldie."

Hunter pecked a short kiss before standing. "It's no problem. Still, thank you for the breakfast," Hunter said finally.

While Edric busied himself with cooking, Hunter resided to cleaning and spending time with Flap. It's been calming since they finally were able to relax and not think of any dangers. Belos was locked up. The Collector became a fellow ally and not their enemy.

Everything was good.

Hunter did take a few times to sneak into the kitchen to steal a taste from the fillings. Only to be swiped by his boyfriend. Edric laughed at Hunter's antics. However, he knew that Hunter could've gotten away with it because of his former status, the former knew how to be sneaky.

Hunter didn't notice the time had passed by when he heard knocking on the door. "Hunter, can you get that?" Edric called out from the kitchen.

"L-" Hunter was cut off when Luz handed him a container. "We brought some very good soup that Mom helps us make," Luz said excitedly.

"Thanks, Luz," Hunter thanked. "I-I...Uh come inside," the blond said as he noticed that he was staring for a bit.

"Hey, Ed!" Luz and Amity greeted as they saw the green-haired male washing some dishes. Luz caught a quick smell and gasped. "You're making PASTELITOS! They smell just like how mom makes them."

Edric rubbed the back of neck after he placed the finished pastelitos onto the table. "Thanks, Luz. I do hope they end up good." As the two talked, Amity looked at Hunter.

"For being in a relationship, you do surely don't cook at all. Luz and I share times when we cook," she teased. Hunter crossed his arms and smirked.

"Relationships should be 50/50. Edric cooks us dinner while I sit on the kitchen counter looking pretty," Hunter joked.

Amity shared a laugh. Hunter found himself laughing as well. Edric and Luz looked back and shared a similar smile that the two were getting along.

"Okay, jokesters. Let's eat." The four went to the table. It felt relaxing and calming as they ate together. It didn't seem tense as Hunter would've assumed.

Hunter smiled to himself as he enjoyed the meal. Maybe Edric was actually right. Amity seemed like she hated him but right now, she did feel like family. And maybe Amity thought the same.

🍽🍽🍽

A/N: Also, for those who don't know, pastelitos are also called empanadas. I do recommend trying them because they are pretty yummy. Also if you saw this earlier, it had posted for some reason. Oh well, enjoy the mini story.