Part 10: So we meet again?

Start from the beginning

"Who are you?" You questioned... realizing you were around people. He looked around too, almost like he forgot about his surroundings just as you did. You squeaked when you felt arms wrapped around your waist, and you tensed when you heard a voice speak.

"Oh Y/n... he works for me. Don't you understand you can't escape me? Stop trying..." You struggled to get out his grip before he let go, causing you to stumble before turning.

"L-Leave me alone!" The other boy in the tan colored outfit walked and stood next to Danny, earning a smile as the older male patted his shoulder.

"You're so vulnerable... don't you know who this lovely boy is? Take a guess..." his voice had an edge to it... almost like a poisoness candy. You wearily looked at Danny then traveled your attention to the boy. He looked dejected, his shoulders slumped as he looked to the ground.

"I-I don't know-"

Danny smirked, patting the boys head. "Maybe this will help?" He suddenly pulled the hood down, revealing the boys shocked expression before his brown eyes flipped to yours.

"Y/N! It's not what it looks like- I swear!"

You couldn't think. Couldn't breathe.

This- this can't be possible. This isn't true.

"K-" your mouth couldn't form the words as you took a step back, your eyes wide and your world seeming to spin. You couldn't breathe. Couldn't think.

"Kyle?" You managed to whisper.

His eyes glowed with regret and desperation as he took a quick step towards you, only for him to stop when he noticed you back away. His panic stricken orbs made contact with yours, and you locked eyes.

"H-how could you? My best friend..."

"It's not like that! Listen-"

"NO!" You lashed your arms out in anger and shock, feeling hot tears trail down your cheeks. "What the fuck man??? How could you? We were best friends! I trusted you! You were like my family... how could you??" Your voice cracked and you turned away, a small sob coming out your lips.

"Please listen to me. I can explain-" You took a deep breath before turning to him, your eyes cold and expression uncaring.

"No need to explain. It's clear who's side you've chosen. I'm a bit hurt man, that was unexpected. But whatever. I can't believe I trusted you- huge mistake. I shouldn't be surprised though, every human is sucky and assy. I thought you were different. My bad." You could tell what you said hurt him, but you didn't care. You wanted to hurt him. Hurt him the way he hurt you. The one you loved...

"Please..." he whispered, tears slowly falling down his cheek.

"Goodbye Kyle. I can't believe this is how it ends, but whatever. I don't care anymore." You looked at Danny, who was triumphantly smiling with glowing eyes, before turning back to you ex best friend.

"Fuck you."

He looked up, his eyes glossy.

"What?"

"Fuck you," you whispered. He could sense how hurt you were, and it made him even more broken inside. But you didn't care. Or at least, you told yourself you didn't. Never again. Never. Loving someone. No. No. No! You were about to turn away when Danny held his hand out to signal for you to stop.

"Wait."

You questionably looked at him, your eyes still watery.

"I knew you would break our deal. So I prepared a consequence. Don't worry, I won't hurt you," he added as you backed away. "Well, at least physically. Emotionally, let's just say I can't make any promises, because what I'm going to show you mightttt well, break you." He added that part with a sweet smile. You gulped, your heart accelerating.

"What did you do?" You whispered, not finding the strength to fight anymore. He whispered something into Kyle's ear before the boy dejectedly leapt away. Danny turned to you with a feverish expression. His eyes looked wild, crazed even. You knew he was losing it. You looked away as you were unable to look in his eyes. But your orbs came in contact with Erwin, and he was looking at you with interest. You clenched your teeth and looked at the ground. Small clouds began covering the sun, and you looked up to observe them. Clouds... I'll get to see stars soon. A lump formed in your throat as you remembered your promise to show Mary and Kai the stars. I will do that, you thought with clenched fists. I will show them. They'll get to see how pretty they are. I know it.

The noise of wires took you out of your thoughts as you looked to see Kyle returning.

"Kai!" You screamed when you saw Kyle cradling him. Danny grabbed your wrists before you could run to him.