~Chapter-6~

Kartik's POV:

It has been a few days since Bhai has gone to Mumbai. Papa has taken some days off to relax since he isn't feeling well.

I was heading towards my office.

My car suddenly stopped in the middle of the road, I ignite the car, but it didn't start. I get out of my car and get my phone out of my pocket to dial Aman's phone number who is my PA.

"Hey, Kartik, long time no see." I hear a known voice.

I turned around to see Kabir, who is my best friend but I lost contact with him.

"Hey Kabir, yeah it has been a long time," I said. Almost two years. I'm happy to see a known face.

"How have you been? How is Bhabhi?" Kabir asked with a smile.

"I'm doing well, about Naira, I don't know where she is," I said while my eyes glistened remembering my Hayati.

(A/N: Hayati means My life in Arabic)

"Kyun?" A look of surprise crossed his face.

"I had cancer and the survival rate was thirty percent so I decided to break up with her. I couldn't think of anything else so I lied to her, telling her that  I cheated and was going to marry a girl named Ashi." I told him. He looked at me sympathetically. A look everyone gives me when I tell them I'm a cancer survivor.

Up to now. I have gotten used to these looks. They don't matter anymore. I just wish I could reverse time and be with Hayati again.

"You have gone through a lot Kartik. Main toh Bhagwanji se yehi dua mangu ga ki tuje teri Naira jaldi miljaye." He said patting his hand on my shoulder.

He then looked at my car and said, " I can see that your car has broken down and I'll drop you off. " He tried to cheer me up through my emotional turmoil.

I hopped into his car behind my car and called Aman to get my car towed and repaired.

Throughout the journey, we discussed our college time and exchanged numbers. Kabir and I have been friends since the freshman year of our bachelor's degree, we even did our internship at the same company. His car stopped in front of Goenka Enterprises, I got out of his car and headed towards my office after saying goodbye.

We planned to have dinner at my place so we can catch up. After greeting my employees I directly went to my cabin and got engrossed in my work.

Afternoon

I headed back home. I already told Mumma and Papa that Kabir is coming today. When I reached Geonka Sadan I got surprised to see my two munchkins Luv and Kush running toward me. It has been 3 years since I last met them Akhilesh Chahu and Surekha Chachi shifted to London as they wanted to expand our business outside India.

"Bhaiya." My two munchkins shouted running towards me and engulfing me in a hug.

"I missed you bhaiya!" Luv stated.

"No, I missed you!" Kush said.

"But I missed him more na!" Luv said.

"No, I missed him more, not you," Kush said

"Me."

"Me."

"Pahale maine bhola na, toh maine miss kiya bhaiya ko."

"Tum dono se jada maine kiya miss bhaiya ko." Mansi said, making the twins stop arguing.

"Bhai!" Saying that she hugged me. I hugged her back. She is my Cousin Sister as well as my friend. She is a year younger than me.

I went towards Chachu and Chachi who were sitting on the couch conversing with my parents along with Bhabhi and Dadi who was with them in London.

"Namaste Chachu!" I greeted him by touching his feet for aashirvaad.

"Namaste Chachi!" I greeted her by touching her feet.

"Namaste Dadi!" I greeted my Dadi touching her feet and engulfing her in a hug.

They weren't able to come to India when I had cancer because the business wasn't doing that well in London.

After an hour Kabir came and met my family and we all had a healthy conversation talking about our college days and how I and Mansi used to irritate Kabir. Mansi also attended the same college so whenever she was free she used to hang out with me, Kabir, and our friends.

After a Month

Shubham came back home yesterday along with Keerti and her nanad and her daughter who went to their house. It came out as a surprise for all of us that Singhania's had another daughter, whom they disowned because of a misunderstanding. When I heard about Keerti's nanad it reminded me of Naira. Her parents also disowned her to a misunderstanding. I hope they share a good relationship now. Singhanias' invited us for dinner after 3 days as a family get-together because Mansi, Luv, Kush, Chachu, Chachi, and Dadi weren't able to attend Keerti's wedding. This way we can also meet Singhania's second daughter.

Naira's POV:

It has been two days since I have come home. To my surprise, they didn't have any objection to Kiran and they even asked for forgiveness for their rude behavior towards me.

"Beta, tumhe ya Kiran ko kuch chahiye," Ma asked entering my room after knocking.

"Nahi Ma," I answered politely. I have forgiven them because they realized their mistake.

Apologizing can't change how they have treated me but them realizing their mistakes and rectifying their mistakes makes me sure that they are guilty of their actions. That's enough for me to know that they won't repeat the act.

"Ma. Main apse kuch puchu toh apko koi aitraaz hoga?" I contemplated whether to ask the question or not.

Our relationship isn't the same as before. It was really awkward saying that. I remember how I used to question her without any hesitation.

"Nahi beta!" Mumma sat beside me on the bed.

"Apko jab Kiran ke bare mein maloom para toh aap gussa kyun nahi huyi? Na aap hui ya koi aur family member hua?" I asked.

"Beta, Keerti ne hum sab ko batya ki tumhare ex boyfriend ne tumhi dhoka diya, toh isme tumari koi galti nahi thi na Kiran ki thi toh tumse kaise gussa karti. Mujhe toh abhi bhi guilt ha ki maine apni beti pe bharosa nahi kiya.''  Ma held my hands with glassy eyes.

I immediately engulfed her in a hug patting her back as she was sobbing.

Later that day we all had a lot of fun that I missed for 1 and a half years.

Aren't Luv and Kush so cute ?

Hope you all liked the chapter.

See ya.