Chapter Nine

"Jin," Taehyung whispers and Seokjin wants to hum a reply at the name. But he remembers the origin of the name, the forbidden night they are to forget and he keeps his mouth shut. "Do you..still think of that night?"

Seokjin's eyes widen and his mouth parts in disbelief at Taehyung's acknowledgment of that night. He can't read Taehyung's face, seeing only the slightly pinched brows which he doesn't understand. He doesn't understand why Taehyung is asking this.

Seokjin closes his mouth, pressing his lips together in a tight line. He has been doing his best to forget that night like promised. Yet, it would be a lie if he says that he doesn't look at Taehyung's lips sometimes and remembers how they were once on his.

He still remembers how Taehyung spoiled him with kisses the whole night. Seokjin felt so delighted when he woke up and Taehyung was still cuddling him.

But Taehyung doesn't like him like that. He was just helping Seokjin. Besides, he's an alpha. Once he regains his sight, he won't need Seokjin anymore.

Taking a step back, Seokjin declares, "We're not supposed to talk about it." He frees his wrist from Taehyung's hold, ignoring the slight pain he feels as he does so.

He turns around, wanting to escape before his heart betrays him. He only makes a few steps before a pair of arms are embracing him from behind, stopping him in his tracks.

"Why not?" Taehyung queries, sounding lost and confused.

'Because you'll get my hopes up that you and I have a deeper relationship than just patient and caretaker,' Seokjin thinks in his head. However, he doesn't speak his thoughts. Instead, he tenses in Taehyung's hold, knowing that he shouldn't allow himself to relax in his hold.

Upon his silence, Taehyung leans forward and his head touches Seokjin's back. Seokjin's about to push him away, but Taehyung speaks before he does, "I can smell your scent right now." This leaves Seokjin bewildered and also self-conscious. He does wonder why Taehyung can only smell at certain times and why it's only his scent that he smells.

Taehyung continues, "I feel like I'm in the clouds. Cherry blossoms are flying around me and the taste of strawberries sits on my lips." Seokjin's face becomes warm at his description and his heart pounds against his chest. "I felt that way that whole night we spent together."

Seokjin's mind blanks out. What does Taehyung mean? Does he mean that he also...

Seokjin squeezes his eyes shut and then opens them. Is he dreaming? No, this is real life. But, it can't be.

Taehyung retracts his arms, stepping away from Seokjin. "Sorry," he apologizes. Seokjin turns around to face him. "If you don't mind, I'm going to go get some fresh air."

Seokjin watches as Taehyung leaves out the back door. Once the door shuts, Seokjin lets out a sigh, leaning against the kitchen counter. 'What was I thinking?'

~~~~

After a soundless breakfast, Taehyung retreats to his bedroom. Seokjin is both relieved and disappointed. Nevertheless, he leaves Taehyung unbothered.

He busies himself with cleaning the house and afterward, even takes a nap. He wakes up just in time for lunch. As he makes lunch, his eyes keep adverting towards the stairs, expecting Taehyung to come down. Yet, he never does.

Even with lunch ready, he is still to be seen so with tiny steps, Seokjin goes up the stairs. He arrives at Taehyung's door and lightly taps on it to announce his presence.

There's no response so Seokjin clears his throat and meekly asks, "Taehyung?" Taehyung doesn't say anything. "Taehyung?" Seokjin tries again, this time with a louder voice. Despite that, the door remains shut and Taehyung's voice is not heard.