1

Jimmy was the well known Sheriff for Tumble Town. His little empire hidden among the high walls of the mesa. He is known to be made fun of by his friends and fellow empire leaders.

Jimmy though very outgoing had a secret. Jimmy was a cod hybrid and he was royalty of the ocean. Now many people believed that Jimmy was human but Jimmy uses a special necklace to hide his hybrid traits. He never showed anyone this necklace and he intended to keep it that way.

-----

It was a rather hot day in Tumble Town and Jimmy was working on a build. Jimmy had grown dehydrated even though he was drinking enough water. 

"Hey Jimmy!" a voice called and Jimmy turned to see Fwip with Joel holding some old Jimmy toys.

"What do you guys want?" Jimmy asked crossing his arms.

"What we can't visit our favorite toy friend?" Joel said with smirk.

"I am not a toy!" Jimmy yelled not noticing that the water in the well behind him churned violently when he yelled.

Joel and Fwip just laughed and Jimmy ignored them and went back to his work. Joel and Fwip continued to make jokes until Joel spotted a blue necklace around Jimmy's neck.

"Hey what's around your neck?" Joel asked pointing to the exposed necklace. Jimmy clutched his necklace and backed away from joel.

"Hey just let us see it." Fwip said as Joel got behind Jimmy and grabbed the necklace. The chain for the necklace broke and the necklace fell to the ground.

Joel picked the necklace up and smirked. Joel pocketed the necklace and left the Mesa with Fwip leaving Jimmy on the sand.

Jimmy noticed the necklace was gone and grew panicked. The necklace was the only thing keeping his heritage secret and now he had nothing to protect himself. Water began to slowly flow from the caves quickly moving to fill the bowl that Jimmy's town resided in.

Jimmy noticed the water and tried to run only to fall and he noticed his legs were slowly merging together. Jimmy began dragging himself as his hands turned webbed with small claws and gills were beginning to form on his neck. The water reached his tail and instantly filled the bowl. Jimmy looked around to see his town underwater. Jimmy quickly swam up to try and get help but the top was frozen over despite the mesa being rather hot.

Jimmy swam around the entrances of caves to try and find a way to reach the other empires but he was trapped. Jimmy swam back down to his base and continued to build until he felt a sudden hand on his mouth and neck. He slowly fell unconscious due to lack of air and the last thing he heard was cruel laughter before everything went black.