A whole month.

Where had the time gone?

The housewives sat next to her we're having a boozy lunch, Harper not wanting to get involved seeing as she was exclusively breastfeeding.

"...pj still fits into the pants I brought for him last Christmas"Peg stated, taking a sip of the orange juice in her hand.

Shelley sighed. "— I don't ever want them to grow up, this is the cutest age, don't you agree harps?"

The chambers girl snapped her head over to the girl who had addressed her and brought her into the conversation, offering them a fake smile. "— oh yes, of course, although I've only been a mother for a month"

Alice took a towel and started drying herself off as Harper ran a hand through her hair.

"You'll see Alice,once you have lids, you won't even be able to remember your life before them, I mean your best friend has a baby, we're all waiting for you to join us!"Shelley pestered, waving her hand about as she explained.

Bunny let her eyes fall onto Harper, noticing that she was being more quiet than usual, before letting her gaze flitter over to Alice, who had the same facial expression painted across her face.

Shelley continued on. "—How lucky are we, ladies? Our men lug off to work all day and we get to lounge by the pool. We can't ever let them figure out how much we've got it made."

The other women laughed around them, Alice and Harper the only to not laughing.

"Seriously, though. Out there, we
couldn't live like this. Hopefully soon the whole world will look like Oasis."had Shelley's voice always been this draining?

Alice looked straight at the women. "Have you ever left, Shelley?"

Harper snapped her head over to her best friend, a look of curiosity taking over features.

"What do you mean?"

Alice shrugged her shoulders. "Since you've been here? Have you ever left? Gone on vacation?"

"Why would I ever need a vacation?"Shelley laughed, gesturing around at the environment around her.

She had everything.

"Yes Alice..."Harper glared at her friend. "— why would Shelley ever need to go on a vacation?"

"Oh my god" Peg sounded astounded.

The women pointed to the other side of the club, some women jumping up and squealing in excitement at what they were seeing.

To begin with, Harper couldn't really see who it was everyone was excited to see, that was until the crowd had parted, and her hazel orbs landed on the figure stood right in the middle.

It was Margaret.

To Harper, the women look absolutely fine, to be honest she looked better than fine, as if nothing had at all happened to her, she was basking in the affection the ladies were giving her.

Alice grabbed ahold of her best friends hand, who quickly pulled the stroller along with her, not wanting to leave little Arthur by himself, where anything could happen, and walked over to the crowd.

𝓐𝐬 𝓘𝐭 𝓦𝐚𝐬 | jack chambersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें