The Missing Piece

"You know, when you said you wanted to spend the night here today, I imagined something very different, beautiful." Said Tae. She was sitting on the floor, holding a laptop and carefully looking over pictures of documents on the screen. Next to her, Sae was doing the same, outfitted in one of her 'hot girl' costumes.

"I know honey. I'm sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you as soon as we find this." Said Sae, giving her a little kiss on the cheek.

Tae blushed a little. She wondered how Sae was able to make her feel like a lovestruck teenager with something as simple as calling her 'honey', grabbing her hand or just looking at her. She'd never felt that way about anyone before.

Maybe if she didn't look so damn attractive all the time, I could actually concentrate...

"That's ok. I know this is important. Still don't know how you managed to figure out this guy was connected to Kaneshiro's bars..."

"Actually, I didn't," said Sae while looking at her own screen, "It was the kid... I don't know how he pulls it off, but he's always one step ahead of everyone on these things... I find it kind of ironic. Shido will never know it, but the night he decided to screw with the life of the, up to that point, unremarkable Akira Kurusu, he might have created his own worst enemy."

"How do you figure?"

"Well, I would have never known about Shido without him. Never would have figured out about the SIU being compromised either. And now? When this is done, we'll not only have a reporter, a world class hacker and my expertise to help, we'll have the backing of Okumura Foods Inc. to take him down. All because Shido's fragile ego was bruised one night... Now shut up. We need to focus on this."

"Maybe I'd be able to find something faster on this Sugimura or Shido if you weren't dressed like that." Tae said.

Sae smiled. "Oh? I thought you liked how I look in these outfits."

"That's not the point... I like them... but they're a little distracting. Besides... wait! I think I got it!"

"What!? Where!?" Asked Sae, putting her laptop down and looking at Tae's screen.

"Look at these entries." Said Tae, pointing at the screen. "They're all tagged Inei , see?"

"Yes! And look at all the money each transaction has!" Said Sae excited.

"No way that's from booze and food only."

"You did it honey!" Said Sae, grinning at her girlfriend. She caressed Tae's face and kissed her. "Thank you."

Tae looked at her intently. She put her laptop away and kissed her as well, slowly at first but more and more passionately as she went on. They laid back on the floor and Tae started kissing her cheek and then her neck.

"Uhnnn," moaned Sae, "that feels so good... but I have to go over the security tapes for the day of these... uhnnn... transactions..."

Tae started talking, kissing and licking her between each word. "I'll help... but later... now... just shut up."

In a car near Tae's apartment, the man in the baseball hat turned off the recording device and removed his earpiece. He let out a long sigh and smiled like he hadn't smiled since he was a little child.

Guess I should give them some privacy now. So... that's the answer. Akira Kurusu... I can't believe I finally found the last piece of the puzzle... thank you very much, Niijima-san... very, very much...

At that moment, his phone rang.

"Hey." He answered.

"Hey kid," said Kouzo. "Where are you now?"