22%

July 2013

July 2013

I feel light kisses being planted on my cheek.

My waist is being tightly held against someone's torso. There's a sound of faint sniffles too.

As much as I'd like to wish it were Jahseh; the scent, the body heat, and the rubbing of my scalp in just the right way is how I know it's Momma.

"Good morning, my baby," she says giving me another kiss on the cheeks.

"Good morning."

"I missed you," she says lowly.

"I missed you too, Momma."

"We're gonna have a girls' day today, how does that sound?"

"Like torcher." I joke.

"Alright, be ready in twenty." She gives me one final kiss and climbs out of my bed.

She must have just flown in. I'm glad it was today of all days.

Yesterday, Zae came over and helped me clean up my house because it looked horrible—his words, not mine.

He took all of my Swishers and weed home with him, making me take a break for a week.

I close my eyes and try to get in as much extra sleep as I can get.

𓆩♡𓆪

"Is it fun wiping patients' asses?" I ask.

My mom and I are sitting inside a coffee shop, waiting on our breakfast to arrive.

"Butts," she corrects. "And no, I wouldn't say it is. But then I remember, these are people who can't help themselves. I would hope you'd do the same for me."

I instantly drop my eyes to the iced coffee in front of me.

"Wow," she laughs.

I laugh too.

"Enough about me though, how have you been? How was school?"

I don't know if I want to tell her the truth and risk ruining our day, or lie and have her find out another way. It would be kind of embarrassing to tell her I stopped going after the first day.

I put the straw to my lips, "It was cool."

"Cool? Give me more details! I know you must have made a few new friends! What about those two girls you used to be friends with? You know, their names were..." She trails off expecting me to finish.

"Can't remember," I muttered not wanting to get into the detail of what happened with them.

"Okay... Well, any boyfriends or crushes?"