𝟑𝟔 | 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, but I am!" Eren honestly replies. "There's just no other way it makes sense!"

Oluo growls angrily with annoyance, "Enough of this!" He jabs his blade in Eren's direction. "Petra! Knock the teeth out of his skull!"

Sighing deeply I wasn't sure whether to take all the blame, or see how this will unfold. They were all probably offended by Levi and I's decision, keeping them in the dark. 

To be frank right now, let them blame me. I couldn't care less now, all I know is they are safe.

"Look I hate to say it too," Eld spoke up, stepping away from me. "But he's got a point."

"Huh?"

"For being as supposedly instrumental to the plan as we were," he continues, while his arms were folded and deep thought. "The Captain didn't give us much to go on."

"I'm sorry, but we had too," I firmly say, but Eld shot me a stern look.

"You had too? You both don't even trust us," He points out, feeling my heart clenched tightly. "That's kind of a big deal. C'mon, you guys.....think about it. Maybe Eren isn't the only one who can change. Maybe someone in the regiment's a titan spy."

Everyone turns to me, knowing I know most on the real situation.

"So wait......you knew?" Eren breathes out, betrayal was only temporary. "That doesn't make sense, how-- I mean why--"

 He fumbles over his own words, as my jaw clenched tightly.

"Wait, hold on....a spy? You sure about that?" Gunther questions, in alarm turning to me and then to Eld. 

"Well not me, but.....I'm sure the Commander believes it," Eld replies honestly, before turning to me. "Rumour has it, the only people in that, know on this were the survivors from five years ago."

Levi, Hanji, Erwin and Miche and a few others.....and myself....

My eyes harden for only a moment, remembering five years ago. The painful memories flashing in my head, their screams, and blood tainting the streets again and again. Their blood curdling cries of helplessness, death wallowing in the pits of my home. 

I was there.......

I saw it unfold before me........ 

It was nothing but a nightmare.......

They weren't there when I saw my mother being crushed, or when I saw my sister being devoured. They didn't see the colossal towering over us, like we were just mere insects to him. They weren't there when the armoured barrelled in, killing many soldiers by the walls stone. 

Except Eren, he saw it all too.........

I'm not the only one.....and yet I fought, so hard until my body was at it's limit. I couldn't even remember when I passed out, or even when I killed most of the titans.

It's hurts more because I risked my whole life, all because most of the garrisons were too cowardly and unprepared......

I was unprepared too.....

But all I could do was smile and try to tuck it away, hoping to forget it. However when the breach on Trost happened, it was only mere coincidence. It was repeated, except the Armoured didn't show the moment Eren's abilities were shown to the district and the superior officers.

I knew there were spies since the beginning, but it was uncertain at the time...

"Of course, that's got to be it," Gunther claims, trying to understand and grasp whatever they need.