𝟑𝟔 | 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

I nod, "We will talk later, let's just keep going on ahead and group up!" informing them firmly, earning a few 'yes' in response. Flicking our reigns, I held Levi's making our way to a safe location to rest for the time being.

*

Tying the reigns around the smaller trees, my hand lingers upon the rope while concerned for Levi's safety. I knew we've got her captured, and under Erwin's hands now. However I felt my stomach churning more and more, not quite understanding why I'm feeling like this.

Should I have gone with Levi? Would that make a difference?

Shaking my head I activate my ODM and flew up upon the large branches, seeing the rest already getting comfortable awaiting for further orders. Even though I was in charge, my thoughts weren't exactly positive. I do have faith in Hanji's traps, I do have faith in Erwin's plan. Sometimes you need to be prepared, if your first plan malfunctioned to nothing but disappointment.

"What the hell was that back there?!" Oluo yells angrily at me, while storming towards me. 

"Oi, Oluo, now isn't the--" Petra tries to stop him, but he brushes her off.

"I get that we made it out alive in the end, but what is actually going on?!" He demands angrily, while I stood my ground. Should I tell them the truth now, as we have finally captured the threat? He suddenly grabs my collar, almost choking me in the process.

"We were almost killed, if it wasn't for that trap!!!!!" He continues on. "Why? Is there something you would like to share? Hmm? We're risking our lives for a kid, who has powers for christ sake!!"

"I'm sorry," my voice never wavered, but it was sincere. 

"Sorry, huh?" Oluo scoffs, while glancing around with the others. He soon turns back to me, "You don't understand how scared all of us were, riding our lives behind you two!!!"

Sharp pain was sent across my right cheek, while I stood there taking it. 

All the others stood in utter shock at what Oluo did, but all I did was look him dead in the eyes. I never meant to hurt them by this, truly never did anything to take their lives on a whim. I deserved what I just received, whether I'm a superior officer or not.

"Oluo, what the hell!" Eld raises his voice, placing a hand in front of me to shield me. "You and I both know, it was hard for her to keep it covered. There was a plan in motion, I think.......right?"

"Huh? So.....you knew about it too?" Oluo retorts, but the vice captain shook his head.

"No I didn't, but that doesn't give you the right to take your anger upon the Corporal," Eld firmly replies, before glancing behind me. The stinging sensation spreads across my cheek, as my fingertips brush against the swelling.

Petra whacks the back Oluo's head, with a scowling look.

"That's for striking the corporal, you should know better," She huffs, before sending me a warm smile. 

However Eren was appalled by this, clenching his jaw.

"So that was the plan from the start?" He questions, still processing everything. "We weren't flying by the seat of our pants?......Look, I'm not complaining. I get keeping it from me........come on! Seriously why did you keep Levi's squad in the dark, Corporal? Don't you think they earn a little more trust than that, right?"

I adjust my green cloak around my cloak, while strongly keeping my eyes on him.

"Damn you're annoying," Oluo sneers.

"I hope you're not suggesting the Captain and Corporal kept the plan from us because they thinks we're a liability!" Petra shot at the young boy, taking offense by that.