Zombified (Male Zombie! Reader)

Start from the beginning

"Y/N! You remember my name! Oh, I'm so happy to see you! What happened to you?" I asked in response, before I stood up and gave him a hug. "A car... Hit me, I think. I think I'm... Dead? So hungry..." He answered. Dead?! But he's still walking around and talking to me! Maybe he's a... zombie? "Does anything hurt? I can help you!" I suggested. He shook his head, burying his face into my shoulder. "Barely any pain. You're so warm, John..." He replied. Butterflies filled my nonexistent stomach.

"I-I'll take you to my place, I have a way to fix you up!! Here, take this to cover up." I said, taking off my hoodie and putting it on him. I struggled to zip it up for him, but I got it eventually. I slipped the hood over his head, and hoisted him onto my back. I quickly ran out of the alleyway. Y/N still had his face in my shoulder, his breath on my neck making me blush. Once we got to my house, I sat him on the couch and locked the front door.

Y/N POV
I had remembered John from before I died. He was one of our most frequent customers at the gas station I had previously worked at. He would visit me during my shifts, making them more bearable for me. I was actually starting to take a liking to him. I think I still do like him. He's cute, and he was considerate enough to take me in.

I sat on the couch, and John rushed out of the room. He returned with a clay-like material, a shoebox, and a fresh set of clothes. "I'll use the clay to repair any exposed bones. I use this technique on myself to repair my human form. The other stuff is to freshen up a bit." He explained. John began to repair my leg with the clay, packing and shaping it to make the illusion of a normal leg.

John held my skeletal hand, shaping the clay around my fingers to provide mobility in them. He's so careful and precise. He moved his hand up to my face, repairing a hole in my cheek that I didn't have a chance to notice after waking up from underground. Almost magically, the clay blended into my skin. It felt like the missing flesh had reappeared.

"How did you..." I asked. John smiled. "I've been doing this for years, though this is my first time using clay on someone else's body." He replied. "You still look a bit, well, dead. Nothing a little bit of makeup can't fix!" He said. He opened the shoebox, retrieving some foundation. He applied some underneath my eyes, along with some blush on my cheeks. After he was finished, he handed me the pair of clothes.

"The ones you've got on are a bit tattered. Put these on." He requested. I shrugged, starting to take off my shirt. "N-Not here!" He exclaimed, flustered. "Why not? It's just us two." I replied. "I guess you're right, hehe..." He responded. I continued changing my clothes, John trying not to look at me while I did so. He's so cute when he's nervous like that.

John Doe POV
Still recovering from the awkwardness, I changed the subject. "Do you feel tired?" I asked. Y/N shook his head. "No, not at all. I guess I could sleep if I wanted to though." He replied. "Well, you can sleep wherever you want to! If you want to sleep, that is... Uh... Goodnight Y/N!" I replied, heading to my bedroom. I hid under the covers of my bed, trying to hide my flusterdness.

The next morning, I awoke to a heavy feeling on my chest. I looked down, surprised to see Y/N sleeping soundly on top of me. What was he doing there?! I didn't dare move a muscle. He slowly woke up. "What are you doing in my room?" I asked Y/N. "I was a bit lonely last night, so I decided to just go sleep with you. I hope that's okay." He groggily replied. "I- I guess that's fine? I'll find something for you to eat." I said, getting up and going into the kitchen.

I opened the fridge, trying to find anything suitable for Y/N to eat. A pair of hands wrapped around my waist. Y/N put his head on my shoulder. "W-What do you want to eat?" I asked, trying to keep my composure. He stared at the fridge for a moment, before grabbing a slab of raw meat and walking away. Still trying to process what just happened, I followed him into the living room. Y/N was sitting on the couch, happily chewing the meat slab.