3. A Mystery Unravels Darker...

Summary for chapter 3 and 4:

Wednesday realizes that something is up with Brea... The mystery is actually more complicated, and people will betray her. Was she going to do the same to Enid? What about emotions she couldn't quite explain? Clues unfold before her, and the moment she solves them it might be too late... But her friend is in danger, possibly of being expelled, and Wednesday is the only one who can do something about it... And Thing.

Wednesday had a nightmare that she was going to turn into a bat that lay with bleeding wings on the trunk of a tree, and the next thing she dreamt of was a boy that resembled Pugsley, her brother, screaming for help in a drainage after being flushed down a toilet. Her nightmares escalated so much that it was the best sleep she had gotten in a LOOONG while.

Her roommate was already up and pacing around, a dreamy look mixed in with fear and nervousness on her face. Seeing her friend awake, Enid ran to Wednesday with a startled expression. "Get up, roomie! Tonight's the big night! What do you think Brea will do, and don't try to sugarcoat it!"

"You know I never do,"Wednesday said as-a-matter-of-factly. "The sweet is for those who try to hide from the truth, so instead they get a taste of it. I will be blunt, Enid. Brea will be scheming at her highest, more than she has ever tried before. 

"There will be knives in places you wouldn't expect, betrayals with motives you'd never see. It would be something someone trying to copy me would do. It will be the type of predicament a jealous woman would do to a bride whose getting married to a man she so loved."

"Uh- you mean like in the book you're writing?"

The last bit of sleep cleared away from Wednesday's mind. She wasn't the type who said plenty, afterall, the fish was caught in the mouth, but Enid often made her more careless with her words. Like she could trust her with them.

"What I'm saying is, it would be a similar situation. Which is perfect, because I, as an author who discovers the darkest secrets of her characters before creating them, know where these antagonistic personalities come from."

"Which means you were joking, about what you said yesterday, about me relying on Sebastian for, um... extra protection, right?"

Wednesday felt amused. "You don't think Sebastian will protect you later tonight?"
"Well, you know him, I trust him but he's not that strong-"

"If he wants to, he will. He's your boyfriend after all." Wednesday got up from her bed to start the day. "I can't help you later, Enid. I have a night therapy session. It was required by the government."

It was required by the government, but the part about it being that night was a lie.

"But you can just sneak out or something,"Enid pleaded. "I'm your best friend. Doesn't that mean you can't not attend my party? It's a once in a lifetime thing! This doesn't sound like you!"Wednesday didn't stay long in her dorm. 

She couldn't stand looking at Enid's pouting. She reassured herself that her friend would be safe. Wednesday wasn't putting her in any danger by not being there. 

(In the next part, Wednesday puts her plan into action by turning into a BAT. But selfishness comes with consequence...)

Author's Note: 

Carrie is an original character. In the past chapter, I said Sebastian and Spencer as the name of Enid's boyfriend, but that was a typo. Sebastian is his real name. My bad for mixing that up hahaha. Proving that he has honestly no importance lol..

Please do not take the plot too seriously, because like I said in the previous part, this fic is only focused on Wednesday and Enid's relationship. Have a fun time with it. It's always available on Wattpad (same username.) This fic is dedicated to me going back to writing after being inspired out of a writing slump by Wednesday, because the part where she was a novelist really intrigued me. I wish to read her stories of dark mysteries, if only it wasn't fiction.

Hope you enjoyed reading this and do comment if you did. I have other works for other shows on my page. A Dustin Henderson longer fic will be out soon, but for now I have TUA posted, and a modern family story. Check them out!