𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6; Butterflies go brrr🦋

Start from the beginning

Sora turned her head towards Arjen, who was eating just fine, taking bites of fish into his mouth. Then she turned to Arien, who looked like she was about to die.

"Nah, you're just staring at her. It's really weird, " Sora bluntly admitted, tapping her fork on her lips lightly.

"Really?"

"N-no! I'll eat!" Arien quickly picked up the fork and knife that was placed in front of her, she didn't want to cause more trouble for her sister and shoved a piece of cut steak in her mouth.

Arien chewed the meat in her mouth for a while, without swallowing it yet. She always wanted to eat fancy steak like this before, but it just tasted...tasteless? "Arjen, Sora, how's the taste...?"

"Dunno, it tastes ok" Arjen answered in a robotic voice, taking another bite of fish.

"It's bland."

Though Sora said the food was bland -like the steak she was currently cutting into- she tasted nothing other than a chewy piece of food in her mouth, it had no flavor. She stared at her fork that was skewering a piece of steak, for a while now.

Sora blinked, looking at how the oil on the steak dripped onto the table, each drip. The taste of this supposedly rich steak did not make Sora starve for it one way or another, it was just the same thing she had, everyday.

Everyday, having the steak cut into mouth size pieces for her to chew, being fed by the servants surrounding her -more so, followed her every move. And with a pair of glowing yellow eyes, staring right at her with the lust of a hunter waiting to pounce at its prey.

It was sickening, making Sora feel the past crawl right back up onto the surface; like a fucking spider on it's web.

But Sora shrugged, having flashbacks now was stupid. Placing the fork and knife back beside the plate, she picked up the tea cup, taking a generous sip of the shimmering liquid. Sora hummed as she swirled the cup in her hand, at least the tea was decent, just a bit too sweet for her liking.

The emperor's emerald eyes continued to stare at the three, tiny, kids sitting on the table with him. Two of them looked small and frail, like they could snap into pieces if you used too much pressure. And the other one, the one who looked much more frail than the other two, but was the one who talked back to him without a hint of fear in her words...

She was almost like an alluring butterfly, resting on a flower petal, showing the world how majestic and a beauty she was. But with a sly smile and a tone that dripped of poison right from her lips, her true nature was revealed.

He didn't quite get it...at all.

The little girl sitting on his right was smiling cheekily at her siblings, taking sips of the drink in her hand.

But with a sharp mind, the emperor decided not to think about the girl any further, but along with a sharp mind, he also had a sharp eye. 

"What happened there...?" he asks, pointing out at the sliver of skin that was showing underneath Arjen's sleeve.

Arien didn't know what the emperor was talking about, until she traced his sight over to her brother's arm, remembering what lied there. 'Arjen's scars...!!!'.

Arien, without a thought, got up from her seat and quickly pulled her brother's sleeve down, covering the shown skin. Arjen, who was eating his fish, was taken back by his sister's sudden actions, but when he saw Arien pull down the sleeve on his hand, he understood why.

'Damn it! The emperor saw the scars!' Arien suddenly had the urge to smack the emperor in the head, wanting him to forget whatever he just saw.

Arien narrowed her eyes at all the people now staring at her. Clenching the frills of the dress, Arien recalled how these scars were given to them.