Chapter 10

Third POV

"Max! El! Robin! You three look beautiful!" Max's mom comments as she gets ready to take some pictures, waving her hands for them to get closer, "Stand right there for a second. Let me take some pictures!"

They smiled stiffly, posing for Max's mother as she took countless pictures. Max felt like her face had layer after layer of frosting on it. Honestly, she really hoped this stupid dance would be worth it because she would be mad if she spent all this time preparing for something dreadful or boring.

"Mike just texted me that he's outside waiting for us." El informs.

The day before the dance Mike unexpectedly asked El if she would be there date for homecoming. El was unsure at first since Mike is Nancy younger brother and she and Nancy are best friends, but Nancy assured her it's fine and El said yes to Mike. Instead of Maya driving us to the dance Steve volunteered too since his car is bigger to fit all of us.

"Is Jake going to be with you, Max?" Max's dad asks causing the atmosphere in the air to be filled with tension. When Max's parents came home they continued talking about her pregnancy, but the main topic was why haven't they seen Jake in weeks and how he took the news of the pregnancy. Max hesitated but knew her parents had the right to know everything and once she was done explaining her dad completely lost it and was going to drive to Jake house, but Max's mom convinced him not to that Jake isn't worth their time and the baby would be better off not knowing the biological father at all.

"He is going to be at the dance but I'm going to keep my distance away from him. I already told you that I don't want anything to do with him." Max assures her parents, "Okay be safe. El, Robin please watch over, Max." Max's dad says and the two girl's nod. Max hugs her parents El and Robin and wave goodbye and the three girl walk towards Steve's car. Robin sits in the passenger seat next to Steve. Max and El sat in the middle row Max notices that Maya is missing,

"Where's Maya?" Max asks, "Maya isn't here because she had to go to the homecoming early I think it had to had something to do with the homecoming court." Steve answers as he drives them to the homecoming dance.

Max frowns that Maya isn't here but she's going to see her soon so it's okay. Suddenly Max got nervous for some reason, twiddling her thumbs.

"There's no reason to be nervous. I'm just going to the dance with Maya."

Homecoming

"Does anyone see Maya?" Mike asks as the group of friends try to spot her but so far had no such luck till Will spots Maya and Jake in a heated discussion. Will nudges Mike grabbing his attention and points to Maya and Jake.

Mike nods at Will, "Ladies were going to be right back." Mike says and he and the boys walk away before the girls can question them as they get closer to where Maya and Jake are they hear Jake mention Max name.

They arrive and see Jake walking away as Maya glared angrily at him.

"Are you okay, Maya?" Will asks worriedly, "Yeah I'm fine guys don't worry." Maya assures them, "What did Jake want?" Mike asks concerned that Jake is trying to provoke her again by mentioning Max and the baby.

"Nothing, c'mon let's go find the girls." Maya says and walks away leaving the boys worried, "C'mon let's go." Mike says.

Maya searches for Max but only spots El and Robin talking to Steve and Nancy but when Steve moves away Maya's eyes landed on Max who spotted her who is in shock Maya's mouth slowly dropped open. She was silent, just watching Max like she'd just seen an angel.

Max tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear, looking at the ground a little bit nervously and feeling kind of shy. She wasn't used to Maya looking at her like that. She looks up and sees Maya standing a couple feet away from her and Max could sense her friends watching in amusement.