𝟢𝟣 | 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖠𝗋𝗋𝗂𝗏𝖺𝗅 𝗈𝖿 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖳𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾 𝖫𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌

𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖮𝖭𝖤

Being the daughter of Gareth Southgate came with many perks. Other than being the best father Charlotte could ever ask for, being England's Football Team Manager meant that she was invited to watch the 2022 World Cup. After finishing her A Levels, she wanted to take a gap year, to decide whether to follow her increasing career in fashion and social media, or go onto further study architecture at University. 

Her dad had suggested accompanying him and the team to Qatar for the next upcoming weeks, so she could both admire all the architecture there, whilst also expanding her social media platform. It was the perfect idea. She had her vlog camera, gifted to her from her parents for her 13th birthday, and a notebook in which she wrote down ideas. Perhaps using her iPhone notes would have been more practical, as she was quite a forgetful person, however there was something she always liked about using paper and pen. Plus she was a big fan of lists. 

She had only ever met a few of the English players on the rare occasion. Although having attended the Euro's final, she was unable to stay for the after party as she had mocks the next day and wanted to have the earliest night possible, which still ended up being twelve o'clock by the time she was home. 

She had met Harry Kane, Jordan Henderson, John Stones, and a few of the other oldies, years ago, at the 2018 World Cup when she was only 14-years-old. That felt like a life time ago, but was just in fact four years. The more recent players, she had yet to meet. However, she knew these upcoming weeks would be a blast. The younger generation of football talent were known to be a laugh. She had already met Mason Mount when she attended a Chelsea match with her dad, who was watching how well he, Reece James, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Ben Chilwell were playing, scoping out his next players to call-up. Secretly, she was a huge Chelsea fan, but she kept it under the radar. 

・ ❀ ・

She was to join everyone at St George's Park, for a few days before they all flew out too Qatar, and to be helpful she had offered to help with the media team. Taking photographs and videos of the players, etc for Instagram and Tik Tok. She also was starting her vlogging series from here. So whilst she was travelling in the taxi to SGP, she had her laptop open and was creating her Youtube account, dedicating it to vlogging her World Cup experience as a close by stander. Of course not everything would be football dedicated, she had plans to venture out and explore. As much as she could anyways. She wasn't too sure her dad would appreciate her going off alone in an unfamiliar country. Her dad had already warned her numerous times about being careful with what she said, especially in a country that was heavily against gay rights, and was quite brutal with its rules. He didn't want her to be preaching anything bad about the country they were to fly too, and sticking up for what was right. She would be able to do that when she was back safely on British soil. 

The taxi was pulling into the drop off section, where there were a few 

"Charlotte, welcome," Emily Webb, the Team Manager, was the first to greet her as she helped open the sliding door to the taxi.

"Emily, hi, it's good to see you," The eighteen year old grinned brightly, legs a little cramped as she ducked to climb out of the vehicle. Her taxi driver had also gotten out to collect her bags from the back. She brought Emily in for a hug, having met the older woman before.

"Are you excited?" Emily asked her sweetly. They would be two of the few women flying out with the lads and so befriending each other was vital, if they wanted to keep their sanity around all these boys.

"Oh definitely." Charlotte nodded. "And call me Lottie." Emily helped her with a few of her bags, which they had to carry up a small flight of stone steps.