Untitled

Author Note: Let me start of by saying thanks for reading this. Now this short story was part of a  creative writing assignment I had in the 5th grade. Therefore it may not be as good as my other works and it WILL NOT have an official ending. The reason for this is because I wrote the end on a state writing test I had an I no longer have said finished story. So basically cut me some slack I was 12 and this was the best thing I'd written thus far. I'm typing it exactly how I wrote it with minor corrections. Btw my notes won't be this long anymore. Enjoy!

                           READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE FIRST PLEASE!!!

          It was a freezing and dark morning in the dead of winter. It was my turn to go gather wood for the fire. When I opened the front door, I saw something strange. I just ignored it thinking it would go away. When I reached the barn, I noticed that the baby chickens were chirping as loud as can be and I let them out and they waddled away as fast as their little legs could carry them.

          I tried to catch all the baby chickens but they waddled away so fast I only caught three of twelve chicks. I checked on the rest of the animals just to be sure they weren't frightened and they were fast asleep. When I reached the house I saw my mother looking out the window at the thing I saw earlier and she had a strange yet convincing look on her face.

          When I came back in mother quickly pushed me aside and locked all the doors and windows so not even an ant could get in. Then she said to me never open or go near the doors and windows again and pulled me away from the door as quickly as she could.

          Just then the strange thing I saw earlier was walking closer and closer until it was about six feet away from the house. It was getting dark fast and mother knew I was getting hungrier by the minute. Mother didn't want to leave me alone for a long time because she knew how scared I get being alone in the dark and quickly got the stew.

          That's when the lights went out and I screamed. Mother found some candles and lit them so I could have some light. Then the thing starting calling my name. It said Kate, Kate please open the door.

ENDING: The thing was her father playing an April Fools Joke