1-7: Centipedes & Gameplan (Spider 22)

Comincia dall'inizio

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea on that one, hopefully it won't matter at all at higher Levels.

Back to it, the centipede was looking in my direction but didn't notice me.

I am guessing those things have poor eyesight, lucky break.

So I climbed onto the ceiling, positioned myself directly above the centipede and attached a thread to the ceiling as I used it to descend on the ignorant fool.

Once I was close enough, I leaped onto my prey.

The centipede panicked as I wrapped it up and bit it to death.

I then got [Paralysis Resistance] from eating, thus explaining the stiff feeling I got from eating the centipedes, it was Paralysis, which is probably what they apply to their prey, good thing they never got the jump on me then...kind of.

After the meal, I realised the EP bar was refilled by a bit, and I ran around to test my theory on the SP bar.

The SP bar emptied quickly and I felt exhausted...and my stomach hurt.

Inner Critic: How stupid can you get, Hiiro? Everyone knows it's a bad idea to run around right after eating a meal. What good is your knowledge from when you were a Human when you keep forgetting to use them?

I know, Inner Critic. Nai wa...

Moving on, thanks to that experiment, I now know the SP bar is my immediate energy that recovers quickly on its own while the EP bar is my total energy that can only be recovered by eating stuff.

But wait, what about thirst? I don't remember feeling thirsty, or having ever drank water in this new life.

Do the Monsters I have eaten contain enough water for me?

Actually, I don't remember seeing any source of water around here at all.

Huh, we don't need water to survive? I guess that's just how things work here.

Benefits of...magic or whatever, I guess.

After catching my breath, I kind of went on a rampage killing and eating many centipedes and forgetting to make gravesilks for them until later.

Levelled up to 7 on my third kill.

Got the [Stealth] Skill from my fourth kill.

Acquired the [Assassin] Title on the fifth kill and got [Stealth] and [Shadow Magic] from it.

From my sixth kill, I got the [Monster Slayer] Title and acquired [Strength] and [Solidity] from it.

And finally, I got the Skill [Overeating] on my seventh kill.

I...um...overreacted, thinking the Divine Voice called me fat.

But at least that snapped me out of my mindless killing and eating spree so I can actually take a proper look at what I got.

Just so we're clear, I was never fat, okay?! Nai wa!

Inner Critic: Insecure much, Hiiro?

Oh shut up, Inner Critic!

Despite how little I exercised, I was skinny as a skeleton, except for my legs.

They were just perfectly, sexily slim, and were the only part of my Human body I was proud of.

Eh? They were so weak they could break horrifically at any moment?