28. Miss you Already

''I've asked them to have wine ready for you on the ship. To help you sleep." Alicent remarked putting a blanket over Viserys he groaned in pain ''I'm so sorry. Viserys...'

''We will speak no more of it.'

"Ara-"

"We will speak no more of that either." Viserys coughed out. She had begged with him all morning. But he rejected her every plea. 

It wasnt that Ara didnt like Rhaenyra, she just loved her mama more. 

Alicent hugged her tight. Ara had said goodbye to her siblings yet again, and it was just as painful, even more so than the first time she thought she was saying goodbye. 

"Can I come back for Hela and Aegon's wedding?" Ara asked clinging to her mother. 

"Of course." Alicent agreed. "You can come home whenever you want... I'm so sorry baby, I'm so, so, sorry." 

"I will try to do better at lessons." Ara informed her softly. "I will try..."

"You are my perfect girl, you can throw the books out into the seas." Alicent remarked. "Set fire to the kitchens, it doesnt matter what you do, I will always love you most, you will always be my perfect girl." Alicent kissing her cheeks over and over again. "I love you Aranyani." 

"I love you mama." Ara whispered giving her a kiss. Ara looked to Criston, stood silently behind them. 

"Go on love." Alicent agreed letting her go. Ara ran to criston and he picked her up as she clung to him. 

"I'm going to miss  you sweetheart." Criston whispered. "I'm still going to ride day and night to get back to you if you need me." 

"I'm always going to need you." Ara whispered resting her cheek on his shoulder as his eyes closed. "I love you daddy." 

"I love you." He reluctantly put her back on her feet as he kissed her forehead. 

"Be good Petal." Aegon called back to her as the ship moved away from the shores. 

"Mama already said I can be bad and I'm still perfect!" Ara called back. 

"Miss you already Petal."

+

''Fire is such strange power. Everything that House Targaryen possesses is owed to it. Yet it has cost us both what we loved. Perhaps the Velaryons knew the truth of it.'' Rhaenyra remarked as her father sailed home.

''The sea is the better ally. Fire is a prison. The sea offers an escape.''

''A perversion of justice. The young prince... defiled. An outrage." Larys remarked limping up to Alicent

''Indeed.'' Alicent agreed softly

''If it's an eye you want to balance the scales, I am your servant.'' Larys offered

''That will not be necessary, my daughter is all I wish for... But your devotion has not gone unnoticed. These are dangerous times. The day will doubtless come when I require such a friend.'' Alicent told him softly, she stared off at Ara waving to them from the shores, she stood there staring at them, Alicent couldnt pull her gaze away as Ara got smaller and smaller in the distance. ''With not only skill but discretion as well.''

''I shall await your call, my Queen.''

''I need you, Uncle.'' Rhaenyra told him as he leaned back against the stone wall. ''I cannot face the greens alone let us find our blood just as aegon the conqueror did with his sisters with you as my husband and prince consort my claim would not be so easily challenged the valeryan's are of the sea but you and I we are made of fire we have always been meant to burn together.' Rhaenyra declared.