1-2: A First for Many Things (Wyrm 2 & Spider 17)

Start from the beginning

I was dropped again!

Seriously, what's going on?!

I am having a bad enough day as it is!

Spider 17:

Dear mental diary, a lot happened today, I think?

I mean, it's not like I can't tell the time here where I can't even see the sun.

Anyway, I fought and killed my second frog today.

It went a lot better this time...is what I want to say.

I distracted myself with a bad joke and got splashed with that disgusting stuff again.

Inner Critic: You're such an idiot, Hiiro.

I quickly killed it by biting it after further restraining its mouth with more webbing.

Should have done that to begin with and with the first frog too.

Inner Critic: God, Hiiro, you're so dumb!

The other thing I should have done before is repair the cobweb before eating so as not to leave myself out in the open and defenceless.

I am so lucky to be alive despite grave mistakes like these.

Nai wa...

On the bright side, I levelled up and my injuries were all healed thanks to the recovery bonus from levelling up.

Some of my Skills also levelled up.

And at a good time too, because my house was soon invaded by another spider right after I finished making the gravesilk for the frog!

It had no trouble bypassing my cobwebs to greet me at the centre of my home.

I was so scared, what if that spider was an old-timer?

Even if it was about the same age as me or even younger, I couldn't possibly win in a real fight! Nai wa!

I'm just a pathetic, helpless, innocent girl at the mercy of everyone else!

Inner Critic: I'm not so sure about innocent, Hiiro.

Let's just ignore Inner Critic, everyone.

Point is, the last time I got into a fight, I got rekt like the delusional chuuni internet nerd I am.

Which is why I'm so disappointed by the fact it attacked me with a jump-in claw slash.

You didn't have a double jump or air dash to control your movement midair, so why would you leave yourself at the mercy of projectile motion?!

This is clearly a grounded game we are playing!

I got behind it and restrained it in my thread as it landed and finished it off with my newly improved [Poison Fang].

I got so worked up over nothing, again! Like so many times before!

Nai wa! Sigh...

Then again, if my opponent was smart, I would no doubt have lost and died painfully.

Inner Critic: So really, you should be grateful your sibling was a dumbass, Hiiro.

I think that was a brother / sister of mine anyway, can't tell for sure, since I already have [Kin Eater] and I don't think you can get the same Title twice.

But why couldn't we have been friendly with each other?

Why must we spiders kill each other?

Is it too much to ask for even mutual 'mind your own darn business' with your own kind?

Nai wa, I won't stop complaining about this to the manager until the end of time.

Still, I'm surprised I didn't freeze up and actually put up a fight instead.

A cornered rat bites back, I suppose.

The other thing that happened today was a Human carrying a giant egg got caught in one of my cobwebs.

Even now, I'm still not sure if I'm comfortable with the whole killing and eating people thing even though I'm a Monster now, so I should do as Monsters do.

I guess I will avoid it if I can? Like how I originally wanted to avoid eating my siblings.

The real problem is what he would do if I freed him from the cobweb.

Would he attack me or understand that I am a nice spider and maybe adopt me?

Not that I will ever know now, because while I was busy weighing my options, he set the cobweb on fire to escape, dropping and leaving the egg behind.

The fire would have spread if I didn't cut the thread connecting the cobweb to the rest of my new awesome home.

As for the guy, he was badly injured and bloodied before burning himself to escape, so I don't think he would have survived even if I had helped.

I might have felt bad if I could have done something to help, but then again, I saw people suffering on the news all the time and felt no obligation to even donate money to charities.

Same with my classmates calling Rihoko 'Rihoko'.

Heck, I still call her that even after Kyouya scolded us all for it.

Rihoko is Rihoko, I just can't remember her actual name for the life of me.

Inner Critic: Cause you're a terrible person, Hiiro.

Yeah, I know, Inner Critic.

Also something something I pray for that rando's safe return to his family or whatever, unlikely as that possibility is.

More importantly, between the spider attack and the Human showing up around here, I realised just how vulnerable my home is, so I have started improving my house's defences.

I'm on break right now, and was just checking the egg out.

Appraisal-san is now LV2 and the egg is an Earth Wyrm Egg.

I'm a Small Lesser ???????? by the way.

The last part is in a different language, which I am guessing that it is in the language of this world, and not everything can be translated into Japanese.

So, small and lesser huh? Talk about adding insult to injury.

Well, I have certainly heard worse from Ringleader and many others throughout the years, so I don't really care about the bullying from Appraisal-san.

One could even say I already have the [Bullying Resistance] Skill, heh heh.

Anyway, I can't seem to break this thing, not even when I drop it from up high.

I was hoping to eat it at first, but what if this thing hatches and I get a pet dragon?

Just imagine, riding a dragon into battle.

So cool!

And having a friend will certainly make things less lonely.

Well, that's assuming we become friends in the first place.

How to train your dragon? Especially when you're a spider?

Wait, having a pet means having the responsibility of looking after it...

Yeah nevermind, I don't want a pet dragon anymore. Nai wa.

Inner Critic: All because you're too lazy to deal with responsibilities, Hiiro.

Hey! Don't judge me!

I ain't Human anymore!

Besides, y'know I cannot be trusted with that kind of responsibility, not after what happened to Fluffy.

...Anyway, I will find a way to break and eat this egg instead.

Well, the moment has passed, back to work!