6. Boys and bruises

Start from the beginning

I could see her dig her nails into her palms and grit her teeth together before letting out a sigh, "ok." JJ answered tightly, "where's my uniform." 

I shared a surprised look with Gober over her shoulders, I was not expecting her to have that much restraint. He made the crazy sign behind JJ's back but put his hand away at lightning speed when she turned to face him daggers practically shooting out of her eyes. 

"What are you waiting for Mendoza? Where the hell is my kit?" JJ asked annoyed. 

"I'm getting to that crabby, come on lets go." I replied pulling her over to the boy's locker room. She frowned making a disgusted face, "I am not going in there Mendoza you can bring the uniform to the girls lockeroom." 

She walked off down the corridor, hands on her hips, "I can't it's the girls locker room!" 

JJ scoffed, "like it's stopped you before asshole." 

Once I found the uniform I chucked the uniform in through the door making JJ yell ow, I waited for about ten mintes before I heard a clatter and something that sounded like a very frustrated scream. "Mendoza help me put this stupid thing on!" 

I froze, "wha- I can't do that!" I protested. 

"I'm not naked! All you have to do is show me how to put it on!" She called, reluctantly I opened the door and walked inside. i showed her how to put on the uniform helping her strap it all together. 

"Thanks." She muttered pushing past me and going to the door. I followed her urging her towards the ice. When we got on the ice Coach Bombay handed s some sticks, play on." 

I grabbed the puck from Gober who winked at me, "have fun." he muttered a smirk on his face. "He will." JJ hissed, "in fact, Mandoza is going to have the most hilarious time with me! Isn't he." 

I shrugged as she pulled me out onto the ice an dropped the puck, before I could start she smacked it goalwards shooting after it. I followed easily and over took her managing to change directions and bring it down to my end of the goal. 

As I went to score JJ slammed into me with every ounce of force she had in her body making me slam onto the ice. She let out a shriek of exitment punching the air, "Vi look I did it!"

"No you didn't, that was the biggest fattest fowl I've ever seen Jerome." Charlie called across the ice. She glared at him, "who asked for you're opinion Conaway."

She turned to me, "well, did I foul you or not." 

"Yuhuh, big time." I replied getting back up. 

She rolled her eyes, "Lets go again"

The strange thing was JJ actually seemed to be kind of exited, she had that steely look of concentration that I had seen when she was figure skating. I shared a weird look with Adam as we skated back to the middle, we played a couple more times and no matter how many times she lost she wanted to play again. When I told her she was going to lose again, she would always say, "shut up and play Mendoza." 

Charlie, Violetta, Elsa and Adam decided to join in, copycats, we all split into teams of two, so the same as it had been before, JJ and I, Elsa and Adam and Charlie and Viola. 

I watched after she skated after Adam who had slammed her into the wall, "that was a fowl!" she snapped shoving her forwards. 

Adam scoffed, "no it wasn't." 

"Yes it was." 

"JJ you have no fucking clue about hockey, it wasn't a fowl." 

"BULLSHIT!" She yelled throwing her stick on the ground, "Julia LANGUAGE!" Her coach warned making JJ roll her eyes. 

"Not bullshit you're just a sore loser who wasn't can't play for shit." Adam shot back. She shoved him, "I am not a sore loser." she shoved him again, "and I do know how to play asshole." 

Adam shoved her back which was the needle that broke the camels back, she launched her self at him and knocked him onto the ground, they thrashed around like wild cats before Charlie, Viola and I went to pull them apart with the coaches. 

Elsa stood by the side of the rink her gloves lying discarded on the ice, she inspected her nails carefully. "Aren't you going to help us?" i asked her trying to yank JJ off of Adam. 

"Why he deserves it, anyone who's met JJ before should know she's a handle with caution package not a scream at and insult her package." Elsa replied coolly. "Besides she's absolutely kicking his ass why the hell would I intefere with that?" 

She skated away to stand with her freind who was chatting to Julie and Connie. When we finally got them aart both of them were red in the face furious looking. JJ's coach ripped her away from Adam, "what the hell were you thinking getting into a fight like that Julia? Have you lost your mind do you remember what happened the last time you got into a fight? It did not end well for you, at all. Fight one more time and I pull you out.

She scrunched p her face annoyed, "fine, whatever." 

Adam shot me a look an I nodded, JJ needed to be shoved off her high horse and the only way to do that was to do it extremely violently. "Come on Jerome what are you wating for? You still have an hour left." 

JJ. 

Mendoza slammed on the ice so many times i lost count but apparently the way that he did it it wasn't a foul, they were probably just lying straight to my face. I would have hit him for it if Isla hadn't been so right. The last time I had gotten into a fight I almost had my right to compete revoked, if i did it it again and someone pressed charges i'd have it revoked for five years. I would kill myself if I couldn't compete for five years. 

I kept a straight face till the locker room but as soon as the door closed behind me I crumpled, I don't know what had gotten into his stupid head but he had decided to kick my ass all the way to back to chicago, I was tired in pain and I never wanted to move again. 

Viola pulled me up to my feet, we went over to the showers and I grabbed my towel, I lifted up my shirt to see purple bruises forming everywhere across my stomach, I could feel the ones on my legs too. He was going to pay tomorrow.