𝟬𝟬𝟴. sick of your shit

Start from the beginning

them being right in front of her takes her back to a time she'd forgotten, the same out of place feeling she felt then creeping back in her stomach.

CLEMENTINE LETS OUT A slightly shaky breath, picking up her school stuff from her desk as the bell rings.

it's the first day back at school since christmas break, meaning it's also the first day back at school since her and chris have broken up. it's actually fucking insane how out of place she feels.

the bell period just rang, initiating the beginning of her free break period, the one she has with chris and their entire friend group. they always go in the cafeteria but now she doesn't have a clue where to go. she's hardly talked to them since chris broke up with her, just awkward messages as they said they were all sorry about things ending with chris and that they support her still, no matter what. she hasn't seen them at all today since she was far too nervous to come to school on time, instead coming in late in the middle of a class she doesn't have with any of them.

now, she can either face them—face chris, or avoid them.

she really, really wants to go with the obviously easier choice of avoiding them but she knows she can't. it's not right and she'll have to face them all eventually. as much as she doesn't want to see chris and have him see how she's so clearly affected by their break up, it's best to get it over with now.

so, she exits the classroom and makes her way to her locker. she takes her time entering the combination when she gets there, her nerves wanting to postpone the inevitable for as long as possible.

she puts her stuff into her locker and hesitantly begins making her way to the cafeteria, her nails staying chewed on in her mouth.

she eventually nears the corner she knows leads to the cafeteria and takes in a breath, decidedly creeping up to peer around it instead of stepping out clearly. she peaks around the wall, eyes roaming around the cafeteria tables until they land on the familiar table where all her friends sit.

her heart drops at what she sees. they all seem perfectly fine. chris seems perfectly fine.

he seems more than fine actually, he seems happy. how the fuck could he be happy right now?

her heart is on the floor as she stares at them all engaged in conversation. nick and matt are both seemingly talking about something amusing while astoria and chris listen. she can tell the atmosphere around them is light-hearted and easy from the softness of all their faces.

nick says something as he points to matt, obviously teasing by the look on his face, and chris and astoria both burst out laughing. chris is laughing.