5. Hidden in Sight

Anne's POV

"Anything?"

"Sadly, no. I had a feeling that we would find her today somehow. Looks like I was wrong," I leaned into the couch with a fake disappointment expression.

Sasha and I were back at the hotel room. We arrived at the same time before the sun was about to set. I had displayed my idea to get Marcy to redeem herself as well as sneak her in into the fwagon that the Plantars and I own. Sasha and I use it to travel wherever we need to go.

"Don't worry Anne. This isn't over yet. Soon, Marcy will be out in the open, and she won't know what hit her when we're there," Sasha emphasized.

"Who knows where we can find her. She can be anywhere."

"You know what? Remember when Andrias told us that people were dying because of Marcy? What if we find those who died where they live? Maybe then we'll have a clue as to where Marcy is traveling. There could be a pattern or something," Sasha's face lightens up.

"Not bad Waybright. The thing is, how are we going to know where the victim's live? Andrias never gave us names or locations," I pointed out.

"Ugh. You're right. Maybe we can ask the townspeople and see if they have any idea who had fallen victim under Marcy's curse."

"Easy enough. Now then, let's finish packing up our stuff and head out. I'm excited to tell the Plantars about what I'm going to be when I find Marcy," the corner of my lips lifted upwards.

"Grime will be upset that he isn't the one to become a God Knight. I can imagine what his reaction is going to be," Sasha smirked.

"Whatever his reaction will be, he'll feel proud from aside," I stated my opinion.

"What matters is that we're both going to be known as God Knights. It's a hard task to find Marcy but an easy one to kill her. We definitely have this one Anne," Sasha had a purposeful look.

I gazed down to hide my face from my friend as I replied with, "Yeah... We do."

One hour later

Sasha and I were loading our bags inside the fwagon that's parked outside the hotel we stayed in. While making our personal belongings organized in the vehicle, I convinced Sasha to do first watch. She didn't argue about it and agreed with the idea. This is the only way to make my plan go in the right direction.

"I think we're good to go. Now let's get the heck outta here and finally go home," Sasha maneuvered her way to the seat above the fwagon.

In front of the fwagon is standing the one and only Bessie. Hop Pop found her years before I was born, so she is quite old. Though, she can still move as if she hasn't aged. Apparently, an experiment has gone wrong when trying to inject Bessie with some type of venom that accidentally made her grow ten times her size and gain lots of stamina. Nobody wanted anything to do with her. That's when Hopediah decided to raise Bessie like a family member. She's now hauling the fwagon to wherever we need to travel.

"Here Bessie. I got you your favorite treat, mushrooms!" I happily waved the fungus around to Bessie before tossing it up in the air as Bessie hopped up and clenched it in her mouth.

She purred as I pet her from the head to her shell before I retrieved to the side of the fwagon. I opened the door and stepped inside, closing it from behind. I sat down on the couch and put my scabbard down next to me. I was slumped on the cushion with my arms facing up and laying by my hips. I stared up at the ceiling and hoped that Sasha won't know that I'm sneaking in Marcy. Thinking about it is giving me a major headache.