1. Deadly Curse

A/n: Welcome back to those who are not new! If you are new, check out my other stories. Now who's ready for another Marcanne story?

.
.
.
.
.

——————————

Anne's POV

"Oh come on Anne! Can I please have a piece of candy? Polly ate all of mine," my little brother complained to me.

"How many times did I tell you to hide it where only you can find it?" I placed my hands on my hip as I gazed at Sprig.

"Too many times to count. But Anne! I'm not good at hiding it. Hide my candies next time, and can I have some of yours?"

"What do you say?" I waited for him to say the magic word.

"Please?" Sprig clasped his hand together and looked at me with puppy eyes.

"Okay okay. I'll put it in my room when we get more. You can have a little bit of candy from my bag. Just don't let our sister see it or else you'll be in big trouble," I warned my brother.

"Yay! I won't let you down."

Sprig ran off to my room to fetch my candy bag. I shook my head at the boy not being responsible for his stuff. I don't blame him because he is six years old, and Polly is one. I'm two years older than Sprig, making me eight years old.

I live with them and my old man, Hopediah Plantar or Hop Pop for short. He's a popular farmer considering that lots of people, including the king, buy his fruits and vegetables. Sprig and I are not into farming, but we do help our grandad out.

"Hey kiddo. What're you up to?" Hop Pop appeared in my view with a crate of tomatoes in his hands.

"I'm trying to build my own sword, so I can become a powerful God Knight," I stuck my tongue out at the side of my mouth while concentrating on building my small sword.

"Anne. You know I don't like it when you're trying to be a knight. A job like that is too risky and dangerous for you. Especially at a very young age. God Knights are extremely difficult to be one. I say just be a Guard Knight. You'll stay in the king's castle and stand in one position to make sure no criminals try to enter without permission."

"That's too boring. God Knights gets all the fun. They use their magical swords and easily slice up anything that the king wants them to kill. That's what I want to be when I'm grown up," I smiled up at HP.

He sighed and answered, "Well Anne, I won't take away a dream of yours. You need to be way stronger than anybody else, ya hear? You have magic in you, and that means you need to extend it further. Practicing helps you become better. Keep doing it constantly and you'll be a God Knight in no time," Hopediah winked before heading outside with the crate of tomatoes.

He is right. I have magic, and I need to take advantage of that by making myself powerful in a good way. If I want to be at the top, I must build a way to get there without climbing back down.

"Anne!"

"Yeah, Sprig?" I stopped what I was doing and turned around to look at my brother. His face was smothered with chocolate stains and sprinkles. I furrowed my eyebrows and folded my arms together, staring at Sprig. In his hand was an empty candy bag that belonged to me.

"I ate all of your candy," Sprig said as if it was no big deal.

I facepalm myself as my hand slid across my face. I couldn't help but giggle quietly to myself from Sprig acting so innocent. It's quite difficult to get mad at someone as adorable as my little brother. I taught myself not to be mad or upset when little children do something wrong. That's just a part of them growing and learning.