chapter 7 - best friend's?

Harry's P.O.V

I could see everyone but Louis. He was no where. The other were climbing back into the trenches. As I made my own way back I was ridden with grief. Louis was lay in a pool of mud. I ran to him. Blood coming out of his left shoulder.

"Help!" I shouted. I saw Smit's head slowly pop up. 3 men can out of the trenches. They were wearing white uniforms with red crosses on them. They had a streatcher with them. We ran back to the trenches avoiding contact with many of the flying bullets.

"Harry what's happened? Where's Lou?" Zayn asked. When I got back into the trenches.

"I found him in a pool of mud and blood up top." I whispered. 7ayn was shocked out of all the people I thought of Louis is the one who shouldn't of been shot.

"Where was he shot?" Liam asked.

"His left shoulder." I said. I hadn't noticed I was crying until the tears fell from my eyes. We watched them carry Louis into the stretcher. Niall came running over with his book. He took out Louis letters and put them in his coat pocket.

"You guys better get going Smit won't like it." One of the paramedics said. We left as the van drove away. We were all crying. But I was the worst. Louis been my best friend since I was 3.

* Flashback*

"Harry come say hello to the new neighbours they have a son that's a bit older than you." My mum said to me through mine and gemma's bedroom door. I was scared of the old boy that lived next door. He picked on me because I liked to sing.

"No I'm not coming out." I said

"Harry." Gemma whined "c'mon the new kid likes to sing as well."

I opened the door. "Really?"

"Really Harry. And I think he's better than you." Gemma teased

"No ones better than me!" I exclaimed. I walked to the front garden and looked over the small fence that seporated our houses.

"Hello." the boy said. "I'm Louis."

"Hi I'm Harry." I said shyly. I was still scared if he was going to hit me or something like that.

"Will you help me carry this box its heavy?" Louis asked.

"Ok." I took one side of the box and Louis took the other.

"Your sister said you like to sing." Louis said once we put the box down in his room.

"Yeah. She said you like to as well." I said.

"I like you Harry. You dont tease me like my old friends." Louis whispered.

"I like you too Louis. I got picked on as well."

"Best friends?" Louis asked

"Best friends!" I said.

*End of flashback*

Louis and I did everything together. We bought a house where we stayed before Louis met Flora. Who would of known that I would of find him shot on the front line. Poor Flora IF Louis makes it Flora would be on her own with a baby. She needs Louis. Their broken without each other.

"Should we write to Flora? It might be better hearing from us that the government." Niall asked

"I think that's a good idea." Liam said.

Niall grabbed the paper and started to write. We all told him what to write.

"Let's send it." Niall said.

Flora's P.O.V

I've been worried constantly about Louis. But he's got Harry, Niall, Zayn and Liam. He will be fine I think. The post flap hit the door. I went to grad the letter. I sat in my chair and opened it.

Dear Flora,

We have some bad news and we felt it be better if you heard it from us.

Louis was shot in his left shoulder when we went over this morning (monday). We're so sorry. Harry's a wreck. Well we all are. He's been sent to a hospital and we are waiting for his condition. But the government will send letters on his condition.

Hope to see you and Louis after all this with.

Harry, Liam, Niall, Zayn

I was stunned. Why Louis. I'm so grateful that the boys chose to write to me. At that point the door bell rang. I opened the door to a post man.

"Mrs Tomlinson?" The guy asked

"That's me." I said. My voice was thick because of the crying.

"Sign this please." The postman said. I signed the paper and he handed me a yellow telegram. Louis condition was sealed in the telegram.

"Thank you." I said as I shut the door. I opened the telegram.

Dear Mrs Tomlinson,

Mr Tomlinson has been rushed out from the front line due to a bullet coming into contact with his shoulder. He is doing well and will return home before the end of the month.

Signed Sargent Smit.

Louis coming home. He's fine. Oh my. A huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. I will have to write to the boys telling them that he won't be returning to the front line.

Authors notes

Hello my beautiful readers

I couldn't kill louis off how bad would I be if I did.

I want to know if you want Flora and Louis baby should be. Either Florence or William. I have and idea but I want to know if you want the baby to be a boy or girl.

Please tell people about my fan fiction.

I'm so excited I'm seeing one direction in 5 days and I made my banner yesterday!! Its the carrot

Love you all <3