⊱ ────── {.⋅ 📷⋅.} ────── ⊰

To say Emmett was not happy was an understatement. He wasn't too thrilled I went behind his back to "conspire with Rose", his words. It wasn't like we were starting up a witch hunt and going to burn Bella at the stake. Once Emmett knew about our talk then it was only a matter of time before Edward found out. But it's been a few days and nothing has been brought up about it.  Either Emmett was good about hiding his thoughts from Eddie or Eddie didn't care enough to confront us. I honestly wouldn't blame him if he did though.

"So Edward is bringing Bella over tomorrow to meet the family." Emmett blurts out of the blue once Mako gets out of the car one afternoon.

"Oh." I said. I was surprised, it was the first words he had said to me in a couple days.

"I know we had plans to hang out, but I think it would be best if you weren't there." He explained further.

I tried to not let it get to me. I didn't say anything for a few moments, just breathing trying not to react.

"Say something." He sighed.

"I.. Um.. Alright." I spoke almost too softly, but I knew he heard me.

Not giving him any time to respond I got out of his Jeep and made my way inside. Eyes watering with tears begging to fall I rushed upstairs. It was stupid to cry over something stupid because I understood why he didn't want me there, but it still hurt. It was times like this where I missed Adam the most. He would do one of two things. Either he would bash on who made me cry because it made me laugh at his dramatics. Or two, he would just cuddle me while turning on Brother Bear since it was my favorite movie when I was little.

"So do I have to kick his ass?" Zak asked.

"No, it's really not his fault. Just miscommunication is all." I explained.

"Hmm never heard that one before." Zak sounded surprised.

"Okay, so then you don't want my news then?" He baited.

"Well now you have to tell me." I whined.

"Aunt Liz called me saying Caroline is having a hard time and could use some cheering up. How about you go visit this summer?" He suggested.

"Are you serious?" I was shocked.

"Yea I think it would do you both some good." Zak responded.

" AHHH!I HAVE TO CALL CAROLINE!!!" I shouted frantically searching for my phone.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ 📷⋅.} ────── ⊰

"You honestly remind me of her, so it's no wonder we got along well." I said to Lili Saturday afternoon.

It was nice to hang out with her and get my mind off my own issues. Lili called saying she was having her own problems with Riley, so we decided to go shopping. I was telling her about Zak's news and me going to visit my cousin Caroline.

"She is from your dad's or mom's side of the family?" She wondered.

"My Aunt Liz's parents adopted my mom when she was 8 years old. They found her on their doorstep. No memories, just her name Alethea. It wasn't hard to blend in. She was blonde like Aunt Liz and her parents." I rambled.

"Alethea is a beautiful name." She commented.

"Yea I thought so too." I sighed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bring them up." Liv apologized.