Filler Chapter #4: Unveiling the Butterfly

Začať od začiatku

"Well then, I better get going now. Make sure to be home for dinner, Sasuke." Sunako added. Sasuke nodded slightly in affirmation as his elder sister figure walk away from them.

Little do they know that their attempt to see behind Kakashi's mask will take a long while.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

A couple of weeks before the 57th expedition, the Scouts sat around the mess hall after a long morning of training and preparing the newly arrived Cadets for their first expedition. Some chattering between themselves and some eating their fill before getting back to training and refining their skills.

Eren sat with his classmates for the day, catching up with Armin and Mikasa as they eat while the special operations squad sat at the table next to them. Unfortunately, Sunako is busy managing the Medical Bay at the moment but she'll be joining them for lunch once it's sorted. All in all, things were relatively peaceful that is until a certain eccentric section commander barged in without warning.

"Good afternoon, everyone!" Hange yelled jovially, as energetic as ever.

Moblit popped his head behind her, waving sheepishly at the stunned members of the Special Operations Squad and the new recruits. Levi held back a sigh as he continued to sip his tea in silence with clear disinterest.

"Section Commander Hange!" Eren called out, shocked and rather frightened at her unexpected appearance. He had learned quickly never to ask her about her experiments after that unfortunate incident where Hange made him stay up all night just listening to her expressing her fascination with Titans.

"Is there something wrong?" Petra asked.

"Something planned for us..." Eld repeated, clearly not liking the sound of that.

"If you're looking for Sunako," Oruo spoke with a bored expression. "I'm telling you, she ain't here. She's busy at the medical bay."

A fanatical gleam entered her eyes the moment she heard that, looking frighteningly ecstatic. "Good! Good! It's all turning out exactly as planned!" She stated loudly, clenching her fist and shaking it in the air. "It would be far more convenient for me this time!"

"Oi, if you're still trying to get a sample of her blood, then you're out of luck. And don't even think of performing any wacky experiments on Eren right now." Levi reminded her pointedly, sensing the frightened boy shrinking in the corner as Mikasa immediately put her hand in front protectively.

Hange boisterously laughed. "No need to worry, I'm not going to do that this time! But speaking about the little fire ant, I'm sure you're all curious about this one."

"Uh... what would that be, section commander?" Armin nervously asked. There was a certain glint in her glasses that instantly made them anxious.

"Well, we always see Sunako with her hair up, right? But has anyone thought what she looked like with her hair down?"

Hange's question made most of them think deeply, especially the members of the Special Operations Squad who's work with Sunako for a while. They don't recall a memory where Sunako ever had her hair down.

"Now that I think about it, every time we saw her, she always have her hair up with her hairpin but it was mostly because her hair would've been hazardous during training and other duties so we didn't think much of it." Eld said with Gunther agreeing with his statement. The two men were Sunako's best friends since their Cadet days, even then they have never seen Sunako with her hair down. Oruo turn to Petra and asked, "How about you, Petra? You must've seen what Sunako looks like with her hair down considering you share the same room before."