Chapter 12

Levi blinked his eyes once more, adjusting his vision to see that he's back in Erwin's office along with Erwin, Hange, Mike. They're back where they were before with Sunako standing the same spot before them. Her face streaked with blood and looked a bit tired herself. Her blood-red eyes shifting back to her onyx ones.

Levi clicked his tongue, approaching her as he takes out his handkerchief and proceeded to scrub the blood away. This was the second time today that he used his handkerchief to scrub her face.

"Thank you." She muttered while letting her captain clean off the blood from her face. Once satisfied, Levi pulled his hand away, giving Sunako the handkerchief which she knows she has to clean it off, before walking back to Erwin's side. However, he could still remember her dying in the rain, cold and alone with her blood pouring out from her wound. Is that how she got those scars? From that masked man?

It took some time to process what they have seen and heard. It was nothing they have ever seen before. A place where Titans don't exist and people could go in and out of the village. The downside was how people were divided, fighting and killing each other whether it's for the village or themselves, going through war against others. To think that Sunako was born in such a war-torn world, young children raised to be child soldiers and fight all for the sake of one's village.

"How long have we been gone?" Erwin asked.

"About 5 minutes. Not much time has passed since I showed you the truth about myself." Sunako replied.

They were quite shocked. It looked as if they spent years seeing through her past and yet only 5 minutes have passed.

"5 minutes... In just 5 minutes..." Hange started. The next thing Sunako knew, Hange grabbed her by the shoulder, her face inches close to her with a crazed expression on her face as the petite woman lean her head back her smile still present on her face as she remain compose. "Do you mind if I could take some tests on you? I would really like to know how it was only 5 minutes when we've spent years overseeing your memories! I would also want to know how fire came out of your mouth along with your other abilities! Please? Pretty please?!"

Sunako blinked several times before answering, "Nope. But I can show you if you want?" she then turn to Erwin. "After all, I know there are some questions you wanted to be answered. Go ahead and ask, I will try my best to tell you all that I know of."

"Very well." Erwin leaned back, putting his hands down on his desk as Hange walk back to his side of the room. "Then tell me, what is this 'chakra' and 'chakra pathways'? It has been mentioned about it before but I'd like to know what that is in context." He said.

"Ara ara, that's a rather complex question, commander. Well, chakra are, to put it simply, energies that a shinobi needs in order to perform even the most basic of techniques. Through various methods, the most common of which is hand seals, chakra can be controlled and manipulated to create an effect that would not be possible otherwise, such as walking on water, exhaling fire, or creating illusions. Though, Chakra is ordinarily not visible to the unaided eye unless it is highly concentrated or manifested in large amounts. Chakra is also a form of life energy that all individuals produce to some degree; those who run out of chakra will die and I'm no exception to that. I also use chakra to strengthen my physical capabilities and can also amplify my use of weaponry." She paused for a moment, her eyes observing them absorbing the information they were given to them from her mouth before she continued.

"Chakra is created when two more primal energies, known collectively as one's 'stamina', are molded together. Physical Energy is collected from each of the body's cells and can be increased through training, stimulants, and exercise. While Spiritual Energy is derived from the mind's consciousness and can be increased through studying, meditation, and experience. These two energies becoming more powerful will in turn make the created chakra more powerful. At any given time, a shinobi will have a 'maximum' amount of chakra that they can form and use before it runs out and they need to rest to replenish it. With practice, this maximum can be increased, but to a certain extent as they are limited to the quantity and strength of chakra that their genetics grants them. As I'm part of the Uchiha Clan, my chakra is quite large than the average amount of chakra a civilian has. The same goes for those who are part of a Shinobi clan." She said, glancing at their looks of consideration before continuing.