That glance... It's Intriguing

Start from the beginning

"Huh? Well... I rather go alone... you know." I said and kindly as I could without hurting his feelings.

"Oh.. okay." He said, letting go of my hand, with a sad smile.

"Yeah.. plus it's better, next time we meet we can battle, and so our next battle it can be a surprise on who wins," I said trying to cheer him up, which worked seeing how his sad smile turned into an energetic one.

"Yeah! I'll train hard, and I'll beat you Lena! Plus I'll have more pokemon by then!" he stated as I started to walk out, "Yeah, see you until then." I told him once I walked out of the doors of the pokemon center, and took out Bayleef's pokeball, and got him out of there.

"Lena, finally you took me out of there, it's so boring in there, and yeah. I mean it's nice to sleep there and all but I don't want to sleep all day!" He energetically told me, as he walked around me a few times.

"Okay sorry, but I was talking to Gold, plus I needed him not to follow me." I explained to Bayleaf  as I started to walk away from the Pokemon Center. 

"Okay so where are we heading?" he asked, as he walked next to me keeping up with my pace. 

"We're gonna go to the next town silly," I said as we passed by a few of the building, soon we were exiting the town to route 36, seeing a young girl up ahead.

"Hey an old tree is blocking the way to Goldenrod City!" she said, and then whinnied to me, "It's preventing me from shopping. Something should be done about it!" she said determined then sighed. "Too bad I can't do anything." she muttered silently

"I don't think I can help with that.... yet. Maybe later on when my pokemon and I get stronger, then I promise to help you." I told her with a kind smile

"Really, thank you! I hope you're able to help soon then!" she said as she ran off somewhere.

"Wa-hey!" I heard a shout and quickly ran toward the shout, "Hey are you okay!?" I asked seeing a slightly over weight kid that had fallen backwards, who got up.

"I was going to snap that tree with my straight arm punch," he explained to me as he help his right arm rubbing it, "But I couldn't. I'm a failure!"

"No you aren't! I don't think that's a normal tree... I'll deal with the tree later, alright." I told him ith a smile.

"Really?" he said with slightly watery eyes, staring at me with awe.

I could see Bayleaf holding in  his  laughter, but I just replied, " Yes really. I have to go now though!" I told him and he gave me a nod and waved me off when I entered a building that was close by.

"This is the Ruins of The Alph.." Bayleaf said, "Well the North Entrance. But still you think we can visit the ruins?" He asked eagerly as he jumped around, as people stared.

"Yeah! Calm down sure we can visit?! Just stop jumping they're staring!" I said a bit embarrassed, and he gave a satisfied smile and stopped jumping. 

The people stopped staring but I heard an old man whisper to the person behind the desk " Did you see that strange tree in the road?" 

"Yeah I did, it was weird, it doesn't look like a normal tree."

"That may explain why fewer people are visiting the Ruins of the Alph." 

"Yeah that tree wasn't  there before until a few days ago... nothing's changed. I wonder why it's here now."

I just walked out silently, thinking about it. 

As I walked out I could see that the area has changed, there was a small lake next to the building, and some mountain like structures. I just walked along a path that was set.