Left Without Words 14

"Left Without Words 14"

There was this weightless feeling of total euphoria that I felt as I rode my bike home in the rain. It wasn't really a heavy rain...just enough to feel the cool splashes against my heated cheeks as I tried to keep my determined grin under control.

I just allowed my wheels to effortlessly coast through the shallow puddles below, feeling the wind against me, my heart skipping a few beat as flashed memories of Deme's lips touching mine ran through my infatuated mind. I swear...it felt like flying.

A boyfriend. An actual boyfriend. Hehehe...WOW!

You know, I always dreamed about this sort of thing. I used to close my eyes and fantasize about what it would be like to actually get lucky enough to have a cute boy of my very own. I'd imagine us going out to the movies, or cuddled up on the couch watching TV...and then SEX! Hehehehe! Lots and lots of incredibly hot boy sex, day and night, until we both gave out from it! But...through all of those daydreamed fantasies, I never really considered the emotional gravity of it all. I don't know how I could have missed that part before now. Not just 'hanging out' with someone pretty...but someone that I truly loved, inside and out. Someone who reflected that love back to me with a shine and a glory that my heart had no defense against. It was insanely more gratifying than the surface level concepts that I previously held when it came to romance. I can't believe that I'm still shaking like this. Hehehe, it kind of tickles on the inside. You know?

When I got home and walked in through the back door, my mom quickly reminded me to take off my shoes on the mat before I tracked any mud or water in the house. She was on the phone, and I heard her say, "Well, that's very sweet of you. Sure. Actually, he's just walking in the door right now." I pulled my shirt up and wiped some of the excess water off of my face, glancing over to see what she was talking about. "Well, it's not raining that bad yet. But thank you for calling, Dimitry..."

Deme?!?! MY Deme?!?! I quickly shook the rest of the water out of my hair and hurried over to stand in front of my mom, the over anxious thrill causing me to shiver from head to toe as I waited for her to hand over the phone already.

My mom looked down and whispered, "Socks."

"What?"

"Your socks are wet, honey. Take them off. You'll track water on the kitchen floor." Arrrghhh! I could have been back to my room with the phone already! But trying to argue would just drag this out even longer. So I hurried back to the door, and yanked my socks off of my feet so fast that I nearly lost balance and tossed myself to the floor. Then I padded my way back to her barefoot and stared right at her face like a hungry puppy waiting for a treat. She gave me a bit of a strange look at first, but figured she'd let me have what I wanted before I shook myself all to pieces. "Ok, Dimitry. Thank you for calling, sweetheart. Shane looks like he wants to talk to you, so I'm going to hand the phone over." Yes! Yes! Hand it over! Hurry, hurry, hurry! "Yes. Sure thing. Say hello to your father for me. Uh hunh..." JESUS! What, are they going to have a full blown conversation now??? "Are you enjoying your work at the restaurant so far. That must be pretty cool, right?" What is she DOING? I was actually fidgeting and reaching my hand out for the phone at this point. The time for subtle hints was over. This is taking too long. WAY too long. "Alright. Well, have a good night. Here's Shane. Bye bye..."

I didn't mean to snatch it from her the way that I did, but I was gone and headed back to my bedroom before she had a chance to ask what the heck was wrong with me. Sorry, Mom...you're holding up progress, lady!

"Deme? Hi!" I said, just as Sarah was passing me in the hallway.

"Ooh! Is that Deme?" She asked, but I didn't even look at her. I didn't slow down my pace at all, and the second I got to my rooom, I practically slammed the door in her face, making sure to twist the lock just in case she came wandering in on one of her pointless errands. I've gotten so used to her predictable nosey-poke antics.