Don't worry, I love what I do, but sometimes, I need a break.

Thankfully I got a small break because the album had just been released, and all the hard work was done.

But since this album is doing so well, the band and I have been getting phone calls left and right about meetings, interviews, and talk shows.

I'm contemplating leaving social media for a while to rest my mind and body, but I thought against it.

The band and I were all supposed to meet at the studio today to discuss what we wanted to do with all of these calls and decide which ones we wanted to do, but I told them last night that I was too tired, and they understood, saying they were quite tired too.

I'm glad we're all getting the rest we deserve.

It's currently 3:43 pm, and I finally decide to get up to take a shower and make some food.

-

After showering and putting on a new set of comfortable clothing, I headed to the kitchen to make something to eat.

I haven't been to the store in forever, so I don't even know what I will make.

As I look in my fridge, waiting for food to magically appear, a knock on my front door sounds.

I close the fridge and look through the peephole, but I don't see anything.

I open the door to find Louis crunched down on the floor, picking up a flower that fell out of the bouquet in his hands.

That makes sense on why I didn't see him in the peephole.

"Louis?"

He's here

I haven't seen him in months, and he's standing—well, crouching—outside my door.

Louis stands up and smiles at me, and I feel like I might melt into a puddle on the floor.

"Alyce," he says softly.

I smile and jump into his arms, catching him off guard. He lifts me until my tippy toes barely touch the hardwood floor.

I start laughing, and he sets me down, and I open my mouth to speak, "Louis, wha—"

I'm interrupted when his lips meet mine.

Gasping for breath, "I've missed you so much, darling," he says between each kiss.

Okay, I'm melting now.

We both pull away and look into each other's eyes with the softest expressions on our faces.

"I've missed you so fucking much; you have no idea," I tell him.

He smiles and hands me the flowers, "these are for you, your favorite." He then picks up two bags sitting outside the door and walks inside.

"Thank you," I say as I go to the kitchen to fill up a vase with water.

Louis places these bags on the island in the kitchen. "What's that?" I ask.

"Food. Are you hungry?"

"Oh my god, yes!"

He looks up at me and smiles, "Perfect."

My heart is beating so fast that I feel like it will come out of my chest. I've missed him so much, but why is he here?

"What brings you to New York, a new photoshoot?" I ask as I place the flowers into the base full of water.

"Well, I do have a photoshoot, but its in London" he responds as he takes the disposable utensils inside the bag.

I look up from organizing the flowers, "Then why the hell are you in New York?"

"I wanted to see you." He quickly replies.

I look away, trying to hide the blush on my cheeks. I walk over to him and move his arms away from what he was doing so I could adequately hug him.

He wraps his arms around me, and I breathe him in. "You smell fucking amazing."

He laughs, causing me to feel it vibrate in his chest. "Thank you, you smell... alright."

I break the hug and punch him in the stomach, "I literally just showered." I look at him, offended.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding, I promise. Come here, please." He says as he opens his arms out to me.

I playfully roll my eyes, and he pulls me to his chest again.

I sigh happily in his arms as he holds me tight. I could fall asleep here, and I almost did until he spoke, breaking the silence.

"I love you" Louis says with a quick kiss on my head.

I look up at him, "What?"

Did I hear that right?

"I love you, Alyce Ellison"

I didn't know how much three words could affect me...Holy moly

"...and I love your album," he chuckles to himself.

I laugh as I gaze up at him, "I love you, Mr. Partridge"

He leans down and kisses me gently, "Is it too soon to be thinking of making you Mrs. Partridge?" he murmers against my lips with a small grin.

I look at him as if he's lost his mind with wide eyes. "Hmm yeah, I little too soon ."

"Hell—Okay then, just let me enjoy this." He says quietly and kisses me again.

- - -

A/N -

*Not edited yet* :/

I am finally finished with my college apps so I am hoping to have more time updating...Im pretty sure of what I want in the next chapter and how I want this story to end.

Advice to highschoolers: Start your college shit early...like your college list and personal essay, cause it will help you out so much when you already have those main things done.

You probably want to start the summer heading into your senior before school starts because you wanna focus on college stuff and it will be hard to when the new school year starts and u have school work to focus on...Yk?? lol anyways hope that was helpful.

Cadie <3

_

_

_