Chapter 29

"Make sure that the drink goes out within the next minute," Y/N shouted as she emerged from the VIP room, pointing at one of the boys behind the counter who was working on a smoothie. 

He smiled at Y/N and saluted her. "Yes Ma'am!"

Y/N smiled and hopped over the counter, picking up the clipboard of shifts that was hanging on the wall. She flipped through the sheet, her finger trailing along the edge as she mentally checked off everyone that she had seen come into the lounge for work. Most of them were Octavinelle boys, but after the whole Azul fiasco, there were a few who said that they were willing to continue working. Y/N could only be grateful to them. It took another weight off her shoulders. 

"Has Ahmed come in yet," she asked hanging up the clipboard. Ahmed was scheduled for a shift that started in about five minutes, and Azul preferred it when everyone was there and ready to work at least ten minutes before their shift. It just made transitions easier when they knew who was there and who wasn't.

"Not yet," one of the boys called, scooting around Y/N as he balanced two platters of food. Y/N waved her hand and the swinging door opened, making it easier for the boy to slip out and into the bustling noise of the lounge. 

Just as he said that Ahmed rushed in, waving to Y/N as he ran up to her.

"Where were you," Y/N asked, pushing him gently towards the break room.

"Sorry, Y/N," Ahmed exclaimed, typing in his shift into the tablet that was hanging next to the door to the break room. "I got caught up helping the dorm head with something." He shifted his jacket to the other arm, revealing the purple armband. 

"Make sure that you change into your uniform before starting your shift," Y/N reminded, hanging up the clipboard. If Ahmed was there, then everything was all right. Floyd would be coming out soon to take over as the supervisor, meaning that Y/N could retire to her room. She needed it. Managing the lounge for the first few hours was always hectic. There was always a lineup leading out the door, and today had been no different. 

Y/N ran a hand down her face and let out a sigh. The last week had not been fun. She had been in and out of the infirmary for check-ups, near constant meetings with Malleus so he could check and make sure that none of her aunt's or the Master's magic was left in her, and managing the lounge. Thank goodness classes were over, or Y/N might have flipped a table.

"N/N?"

Y/N smiled at the sound of Floyd's voice and walked over to her friend, throwing her arms around him in a much-needed hug. She let out a sigh as she felt his arms embrace her, and his nose pressed into her hair. Floyd knew just how to hug her. How to hug her so that all the stress and worry melted away from her.

"You okay," he asked, pulling away from the hug. 

Y/N nodded. "I will be. Right now I'm just exhausted."

Floyd smiled at her and bopped her on the nose. "Then go take a nap. I'll make sure that everything is okay down here. You~ go and relax for a bit. You've been through a lot lately."

Y/N smiled and pressed a kiss to Floyd's cheek. "Thanks, Floyd." She waved to him and headed out of the lounge, not feeling quite up for teleporting. Not after everything that had happened. 

Che'nya had been coming over almost every day to make sure that she was still all right, and calling every morning, and even though she always told him that she was fine, she did like seeing him. He always knew how to make her smile. 

As she headed to her dorm, she opened up her phone and smiled when she realised that she had a recorded message from her brother waiting for her. She clicked play and listened to it as she walked up the abandoned stairs.