16 | Clouds and Paper Airplanes

Start from the beginning

"Wait, wait, what are you kids talking about?" Angus stops what he's doing for a while. "Calum gave Mia this pendant." Harry says and I held it up. Angus looks at it and makes a face. "I thought you hated pink?" Angus says. I shrug. "It reminded him of me probably because he hates me." I tell him. 

I change the topic. "I thought Ash was arriving today?" I ask the both of them. There was a flash of hesitance in Angus' and Harry's eyes before one of them spoke. "He couldn't make it today, he has a schedule somewhere else."

I went up to my room and lie flat on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I sighed. I reach for the blue box in my pocket and opened it, looking at the pendant again. I clambered off my bed and took my jewelry box. I sat cross-legged on my sheets as I looked for a chain that will match the pendant. 

I was fumbling through the boxing when my eyes landed on a familiar silver chain and a pendant. I gently took it and held in on my palms. I smile remembering the boy who gave me this. He was my first love. I close my eyes and smile. 

I took a shorter silver chain and used it to chain Calum's pendant. I wore both necklaces around my neck, the longer chain overlapping the other. 

There was a knock on my door, "Dinner's ready!" Angus voice echoes. "Coming!" I say out loud, clasping the chain around my neck. 

My presence in the dining room seem to have halted Harry and Angus' conversation after they stopped talking too quickly when they saw me. I gave them a look. "What were you talking about?" I asked, taking a seat across Harry. His eye landed on the two pieces of pendants hang around my neck. 

He smiles and looks at me. "Great timing." he says, giving Angus a brief look to what seemed to me as a look for an approval. "Sorry to interrupt your romantic eye gazing, the two of you, but am I missing something?" I asked them, feeling the odd one out. Angus laughs, Harry ignores the question too. 

He stands up and takes my coat from the coat rack. "Where are you going with my coat?" I questioned. He walks to me and takes my hand, "I'm taking you out for coffee." He says as he guided me towards the door, my coat still hung on his other arm. I look back at Angus as we kept walking. 

"Angus? Are you just going to let him take me like this?" I gave him a look of surprise, stunned that he's so passive about Harry. "Yup." he nods and waves. "What if he's a spy?!" I tried to make Angus to feel at least nervous, but nope. He trusts this man of curls. Harry was already opening the door when Angus says, "Trust me, he's far from a spy." he grins and the door shuts behind me.

***

"Why didn't you take your coat with you?" I ask, hugging the coat tighter around my body. We preferred walking to the coffee shop. His hands were shoved in his pocket as he spoke, "This sweater is enough to keep me warm." He smiles. I huffed, "suit yourself." I mutter under my breath. 

When we arrived, we took the table on the corner near the glass window. Harry orders for the both of us as I watched people pass by, some taking their time, some in a hurry. When Harry gets back with our coffee, I wasted no time.