Chapter 4

Sabre's POV:
I slowly open my eyes, the dim light filling my vision. My head was no longer hurting. I looked around the room. It looked different... There were no walls, only a bright light surrounding my light green and white bed. Was I dreaming? I pinched my arms, no, I am awake. Was I dead? I saw a person in the distance. They were all black, they had pure white wings. They spoke to me.
"Hello young one" with his booming voice as it echoed through the room. I guess it's a room? He turned around to face me. He had no features on his face except for his eyes. His eyes were glowing white, to match his wings.
"W-where am I? Who are you? What's going on?" I asked the figure standing a few feet ahead of me.
"You don't need to worry about that youngling." he responded, his voice softened as he spoke, but it still echoed. Every syllable bouncing off the invisible walls of this place.
"Why are you calling me 'young one' and 'youngling'? I'm 25 years old!" I asked the figure. He chuckled slightly.
"You don't know, do you?"
"Don't know what?"
"Know about your family and who you're related to silly."
Why would I need to know about that?? I said to myself.
"Do you know who your father is?" he asked. I lowered my head. "No, I don't" I said with a hint of disappointment in my voice. The man chuckled again.
"I didn't think so... He wanted to keep you and your siblings safe, so he sent you guys away into different universes."
"W-what? He can do that!? Why would he do that?" I asked. I had so many questions yet so little answers... He just chuckled slightly in response..
"When the time comes, you will get answers. But for now, all you need to know is that time goes by fast so that day will come very soon, so be ready for the answers you may receive." he explained, turning his back towards me like before.
"But for now, focus on yourself right now. You're not in a good place at the moment." he explains with sympathy in his voice.
"Yeah... I guess I am huh?" I said with a hint of sadness in my voice.
"It's almost time for you to wake up. I'll see you soon, little one." I still don't know why he's calling me 'little' like... I'm 25 years old! There's no reason for him to call me that. Unless... Whatever creature or being my father is can live up to thousands or even MILLIONS of years old! Then I can see why he's calling me a child... I closed my eyes again. The bright light from the room dulled as I did. After a few seconds, my eyes slowly opened again. The dim light filling my vision like before but this time it was a lightbulb instead of the big white light I saw before. I sat up in my bed and looked around. There is a bedside table on the left side of my bed, it's made out of dark oak wood. It has a flower made out of a lighter shade of wood for the handle. The floor was also made out of wood but the color was more of a peachy color. My bed sheets were light green with white stripes going from one side to the other. I got up and fixed my bed but as I was about to finish I heard a knock on my door.
"You can come in!" I said, standing up straight. It was time steve.
"Hey! How are you feeling? You've been asleep for a long time..."
"Oh, I'm feeling alright. How about you?"
"Good, good anyways uh, I just wanted to ask you something."
"Of course, you can ask me anything."
"What do you remember about your past? I mean- it's fine if you don't want to talk about it or don't remember anything. I'm just curious." he asks. I pause for a moment, thinking about what to say...
"Sure. I don't know much but, what do you want to hear?"
"What about your parents? He asked.
"I never knew my father but my mother is just the sweetest! I feel like you two would get along very well."
"She sounds nice."
"She is."
"How come you've never met your father? Did he just leave you and your mother or did he die?" time steve asked.
"Well aren't you full of personal questions today?" I said jokingly. His face was the definition of "really?" I laughed for some time.
"Okay- okay I think I'm good now." I said with giggles in between my words.
"You done now?" time asked with a sigh.
"Yeah I'm good."
"Now about my father..." I started.
"From what I've heard about my father is that he left me, my mom and my MANY siblings."
"Just how many siblings do you have?"
"I'm not sure, it's been a long time, but I remember some of them."
"Okay, who are the one's you remember?"
"Uh okay... Sky, he's one of my older brothers. He should be 29 as of right now I believe... Next is Einshine and he's 26. My younger brother is Eret, he's 23 and my youngest brother is shark, he's 23. That's all I could remember."
"Wow, 5 boys in the house and being a single mother? Your mom sure can handle alot then!"
"Yeah. She's very strong emotionally." I said with a chuckle.
"I lost contact with them all after I came here though." I explained, looking down at the floor.
"Oh... I'm sorry to here that." Time steve looked down at the floor as well.
"Oh no it's fine! Plus I wouldn't have met you, dark, and the dreen leader if I hadn't come here!" I responded, trying to cheer him up. He looked up at me and smiled.
"Yeah, I guess you're right!" Time steve responded. I smiled.
I heard a knock on my door, Time steve looked up so I knew he heard it too. I walked to the door and opened it. It was dark steve.
"Hello Sabre!" He greeted me with a smile and a hug. I smiled and hugged back. We let go after a few seconds.
"So what do you need?" I asked.
"I was wondering if you want to go with me to the festival that the yellow Steve's are throwing?"
"Sure, I'll be there, do I need to wear anything fancy like a suit or-?" I asked.
"You can if you want to!"
"Alright, what time?"
"At lunch next week."
"Alright, I'll definitely be there!"
"Thank you so much Sabre!" dark said cheerfully with a smile. He hugged me again.
"Hehe, no problem dark." i said, hugging him back. And with that, he left my room, closing the door behind him. I turned around to face time again.
"You like him, don't you?" time steve said with a smug face.
"W-what?! No! I-"
"Sabre, come on, there's no need to hide it anymore. We all know-how well except for dark- but other than that, everyone knows." time explained.

I stood there, silent.

I do like him...

A lot actually...

I'm just scared...

I'm scared of losing him as a friend...

"Hey Sabre, you okay?" the sound of time Steve's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I guess I looked sad about it being brought up.
"I'm scared of losing him time..." I responded, looking down at the floor.
"Sabre, you're not going to lose him. As far as I know, he likes you just as much as you like him. He adores you Sabre." time steve said, comfortingly. A wave of relief washes over me.
"Now go ask him out!" time said, pushing me out of my room.
"HEY! HEY! Not right now!" I said, playfully pushing him back.
"Alright fine, why don't you ask him at the festival?"
"Y'know what? That's a good idea."
"Well of course it is, it's MY idea." he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes in response.
"Oh I forgot to tell you that the leaders wanted to speak with you... 10 minutes ago..." he said nervously.
"WHAT?!" I said loudly from shock.
"I'm so sorry." he said nervously.
"It's alright, but now I have to hurry up and get ready." I said with a sigh.
"Okay, I'll be waiting outside for you."
"Wait, you're going with me?"
"Yeah, they wanted to speak to me too." time said, leaving the room, shutting the door behind him. I quickly changed into some normal clothes and walked out the door, with time of course. We walked down to the citadel and made it up the stairs into the meeting room with all of the leaders, the orange leader, yellow leader, green leader, indigo leader, and the violet leader. There were two empty thrown's, light's old one, I don't know what they're going to do with it after yesterday's event... And the red leaders thrown. We still need to find the red kingdom, I disappeared years and years ago, long before I came here.
"Time, Sabre, good morning to you both. I'm glad you could make it." the green leader greeted us as we walked over to them.
"Good morning to you too." i said, bowing my head in respect.
"So what did you want to talk to us about?"
"Well we've been thinking and talking about this and we wanted to have your opinion on the matter." The green leader spoke while gesturing to the rest of the kings.
"We wanted to crown a new king, the leader of light and peace. This soon to be leader will have power over this whole kingdom, including us."
"Like Zeus and the gods?"
"Well kind of." the yellow leader started.
"If one of us has an idea, the new leader will have to approve of it, this applies to important or non important things." the yellow leader explained.
"Who are you going to give that role to?" I asked. All of the leaders just stared at me with a smile on their faces.
"What?" I said in confusion. The green leader chuckled in response.
"Sabre... I think they're talking about you." time steve whispered to me. My eyes widened.
"Wait, me?! Really?!" I said, pointing at myself  in disbelief.
"Yes you!" blue said in excitement.
"Since you've done so much to help the Steve's, we thought that the best way to reward you for your kindness is to grant you the role of king from now on." the orange leader explained with a smile.
"So from now on you will be known as 'Sabre, the king of peace and light'!" time steve said with pride, I looked at him and chuckled.
"I do have one more question though." I said, looking back at the leaders.
"You can ask us anything about it."  the violet leader said with a smile.
"If a king or queen from this world marries someone, does that person rules beside them as king or queen?" I asked.
"Yes, if a king or a queen marries someone, that person will rule beside them as king or queen." the green leader responded.
"Why? Is there someone you're thinking of?~" the violet leader said, teasingly. I felt my face heat up.
"N-no! I was just asking, that's all!" I said, laughing nervously.
"Yeah, he is." time said, agreeing with the violet leader.
"Oh ShUt Up!" I whined, covering my face with my hands.
"Okay, okay let's get back on track everyone, now we have to announce the good news!" the blue leader said with excitement. He can be very energetic at times like this.
"Yes, but how?" the green leader asked.
"How about we do it at the festival next week at the yellow kingdom?" I suggested.
"I think that's a great idea." the yellow leader said with a smile.
"Then it's decided, we shall announce this great news at the yellow kingdoms festival." the orange leader repeated.
"You all are dismissed." said the orange leader with a nod. Me and time walked down the stairs and to my house. When we finally got arrived, dark was standing on the porch, seemingly waiting for us.
"So, how did it go? Dark asked.
"We have alot to talk about." time responded with a sigh.

-------------------------------------------------------
To be continued...
I made this longer to make up for the time I was gone lol
Words: 2,092