The Outlanders Who Caught the Wind (Part II)

Prologue: Act I Part II

"Jean, I've brought them." Kaeya stated gaining the attention of a blonde whose hair was tied up into a ponytail with strands hanging on the sides of her face freely. She turned her head and examined at the group with a scrutinizing gaze, observing each new individual with deep concentration and precision.

Kaeya began explaining the whole situation while you and your companions looked around the room curiously.

"Mondstadt welcomes you, windborne travellers." Jean began, "I am Jean, Acting Grandmaster of the Knights of Favonius." She then turned to another woman with chestnut brown hair and emerald green eyes, "This is Lisa, our resident librarian."

"Oh! Are you sweeties here to help us out? You three are so adorable! Especially you, cutie." She giggled and sent you a wink. You gave a confused smile back yet felt warmth on your cheeks from her act.

Lisa's expression suddenly dropped, "Sadly, the timing is regrettable... Stormterror has caused quite a ruckus in the region since its recent resurgence. Simply put, Mondstadt's elemental sphere and ley lines are now akin to a ball of yarn in the paws of a kitten!" She then sighed in exasperation, "For a mage, it couldn't get much worse. My skin is one elemental particle away from a full-blown breakout."

"If it weren't for this interference, the Knights of Favonius would have better ways of helping you than just putting up missing person posters. We simply ask that you repose to Mondstadt while we help the both of you." Jean stated.

"We'll help!" Aether said and you nodded in agreement.

"Yes, we can't let this city suffer any longer." You said.

"Paimon will help too!" Paimon said enthusiastically.

"Good. In this case, we need a plan." Kaeya told in a thinking position.

"With Stormterror now directly attacking Mondstadt, we may have an opportunity to cut this problem off at the source." Jean announced before shifting her view to a particular librarian, "Lisa has revealed the sources of Stormterror's power with her detection magic."

"Is that so?" Kaeya thought out loud.

Lisa nodded in confirmation, "They're located in the abandoned Four Winds' Temples. Stormterror's ability to whip up these kinds of storms can be attributed to it drawing power from the temples."

"Our objective is to deal with three of the four temples. I trust everyone understands why we are only dealing with three." Jean added. This made you and Aether look at each other in confusion. Three? Why only three? You both had no clue of the history nor did you have a true understanding of the world, so going along with the plan would be the best solution in this instance.

"Paimon doesn't."

"It must be a local thing..." You whispered into her ear, to which she nodded.

"Knights of Favonius, time is against us." Everyone's attention was locked on the Acting Grand Master, "The storm is rampant. There is no point in maintaining a defence position." Everyone nodded with determination, "Alright. We need to take initiative and act before the situation escalates."

**********

Later, you, Aether and Paimon leave the headquarters and head towards the first temple where you see Amber waiting at the entrance, "Amber, we're here!" You called out, gaining the attention of the brunette, "There you guys are." She then walked over to you gesturing over to the temple, "This is it. One of the deserted temples of The Four Winds. These temples have been left to waste for years now. The people of Mondstadt almost never come here so there's a chance there's a monster or a hilichurl camp inside." Amber warned before letting out a heavy sigh, "Even Stormterror had given up on its own temple..."