0. Prologue

↳ ❝ [] ¡! ❞

✧ ˚  ·  𝘾. 𝙅.  .

𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐓 in the Thalassa cabin wtih my cousin, Percy. Tired after weeks of shrines to attend. The war had left camp with as much as three-quarters of demigods left. The rest; dead. It's been a depressing few weeks since the war ended, all of us struggling.

A bright light emitted in our room. Seemingly a god or goddess.

"Hecate..?" I mumbled, remembering the few times she appeared to me, trying to urge me to the other side.

Hecate calmly responded, "Yes, Cynthia." she said. "I have come here to assign you and Percy to a simple quest."

"No," I replied, glaring at the goddess of magic. "We are not going to be on more life-threatening quests."

"You are to go the fairytale world of Ever After. You will observe Ever After High, the high school for future fairytale characters." Hecate continued. "You need not hide your natures as demigods, as they already know of such beings like you and me. Do you accept my quest?"

I looked at my brother and spoke, "Should we..?"

"It could help us relax a bit, " he said slowly, "But if you don't want to, we'll stay."

"I guess we should go," I told him, then turned to Hecate. "We accept your quest."

"Very well then," she replied. "You shall leave tomorrow, I will bless you with information about Ever After in the morning, before leaving. That is, if the Oracle approves of the quest."

Hecate them disappeared in the mist, leaving us alone in cabin 3 again.

✧ ˚  ·  𝘾. 𝙅.  .

IN THE morning, me and Percy retold the story to camp. Rachel went in a few minutes after the conversation, spewing out a prophecy once she saw Percy. The prophecy went like this;

A dark raven and a bright apple,

two in a story in need of grapple.

Three halfbloods shall enter high,

All in danger of mother's chime.

Stories split apart by choice,

all are saved by siren's voice.

Evil mistress's twist of magic,

could make all things end tragic.

So we quested away to the land of Ever After. We would stay there for a while after all.

∞ ₒ ˚ ° 𐐒

word count: 356
word goal: 300

[author's note]
Publishing the prologue rn bcs im discontinuing it and turning the ideas i have into oneshots and putting them i. My oneshot book.