Chapter - XIV [Ek Ladki Ko Dekha To]

Start from the beginning

He stormed out of Devika's house, banging the door shut loudly. The sound of the door brought Anupama back to  reality. No matter how harsh Vanraj sounded with his devious intentions, he spoke the truth. She was a second year dropout with no job in her hand. She had to take care of three children all alone if she wanted to be away from that hell where he lived. Devika consoled her and tried to give her a positive outlook that everything would be fine.

THREE DAYS LATER

The Doorbell rang in the morning and Anupamaa opened it.

"Aap yaha itni subah subah....."

"Nai abhi aaya nai hoo....Thoda time hai Nehru Bridge ke paas hoo, pahuch Raha hoo bas..."

It was Anuj cracking PJs again to make Anupamaa smile but he failed miserably this time. She had her poker face on and moved towards the kitchen to get the breakfast ready leaving Anuj confused.

He hugged Samar while playing with Pakhi and gave him chocolates. He inquired Devika about what happened to her. She revealed the incidents from the other day leaving him appalled. She also told him that Anupama had been searching for jobs for three days but didn't get any due to lack of her skills and experience even after giving too many interviews.

Anuj knew Anupamaa won't talk to him so he thought of a plan. He started talking to Samar.

"Samar.....Buddy ab to tum bade ho gaye ho, school jaana kab shuru karoge yaar."

Anupamaa was listening to everything from the kitchen but pretended to work. (it was an open kitchen attached to the living room) He rolled his eyes asking Samar to say no. Their bonding had become so strong by now that the little boy understood what his buddy wanted. He said -

"Me nai jaunda eshcool...."

Anuj gave him the brightest smile and side hugged him. While opening the box of chocolate to feed him.

"Nai beta...Aisa nai karte. Dekho tum school nai jaoge to college kaise jaoge aur college nai jaoge to tumhe job kaise milegi aur job nai milegi... phir tum girl friends kaise pataaoge Chotu...."

Anupamaa's eyes widened by hearing "Girlfriend". She briskly walked towards them and snatched the box from his hands.

"Ye sab kya sikha rahe hai aap mere bete ko haa...Aur aap jab bhi aate hain itne saare chocolates laana jaroori hai kya. Daant kharab ho jayenge iske."

Anuj making a cute face said -

"Tum hum naya lagwa lenge usme kya hai."

Everyone burst out laughing. Anupamaa felt like  punching Anuj in his tummy. She looked at him infuriatedly. Devika took Pakhi and Samar inside the room leaving them alone. Anuj took the box from her hands and made her sit on the sofa.

"Anupama subah subah itna gussa karna accha nai hai yaar. Tumhari health kharab ho jayegi.."

Anupamaa couldn't stay calm any longer. She started ranting.

"Apko kya pata kaam dhundhna kitna mushkil hai. Mai 3 din se lagi hoo. Kitni office me gyi interview Dene par koi job Dene ke liye taiyaar nai hai.....xkdxkfxldjdnfmcxldlx"

She kept talking but this hopeless lover was lost in her innocent eyes. He was grinning ear to ear. He knew she was upset but he couldn't help but love the fact that she was sitting so close to him. He was in his fantasy world where Anu was opening the chocolate box to....(heheeheeee)

Anupamaa was blabbering everything that happened during an interview when she stumbled while entering the room and made "kachra" of her first impression saw him smiling like fools. She waved hands in front of him but he was still sitting like that. She pinched him hard on his hands. He cried out of pain.