Chapter 2-Science Is A Myth To Ayanokouji

People began steadily entering class D, where Ayanokouji already sat, staring out the window again. In the classic protagonist seat, he had already looked at all the name tags across each seat and learned who is closest to him in the room. Horikita Suzune was his only real seat mate. He wondered who that could be.

As the time marched down to 2 minutes left before class begins, Ayanokouji watched the same black haired girl from earlier enter the classroom and approach him out of the corner of his eye. Anticipating another interaction, his expectations were pleasantly subverted as she, after glancing at him with eyes lacking focus, sat down to compose herself.

Discussion rang out throughout the room, various peers interacting and groups forming already on a small scale. Some people seemed louder than others, and Ayanokouji carefully analyzed their personalities as best as he could without approaching them.

His neighbor seemed to notice his behavior. She turned ever so slightly towards him, attempting to gather her thoughts. She somewhat dismissed what she saw earlier as a hallucination, lest she decided that magic was real. There was simply no other conclusion to make.

Not speaking, she watched as he seemed to finally focus entirely on the window displaying the slowly setting sun, high in the sky. He ignored her existence entirely, and she decided not to rip open a potentially odd wound in herself.

Eventually, the teacher walked in. Ayanokouji looked up at the front, all the seats now filled. He studied his teacher, then his classmates. The teacher had long, black hair and a stoic disposition, like someone who would be strict, and expect good behavior. One could say she was just an older Horikita.

His classmates seemed like the opposite, with only a few exceptions. Their few discussions died down. He looked forward and listened to what the teacher had to say.

"I hope everyone found their seats. I'm Sae Chabashira, the homeroom teacher for Class 1-D. At this school, you will not change classes ever. For the next three years, I'll be responsible for you until graduation."

She continued to provide expository details. Information such as Point currency in this school, how any sort of purchase can be made as long as the right amount of points are held, the dorms, all the essentials for life on this campus.

The class seemed to vibrate with excitement for the most part among hearing the benefits in which the school would bring them. Likewise, Ayanokouji felt intrigued. Buying anything he wanted? Maybe he could purchase a nice hammock, or perhaps a building entirely for himself? A dog? Supposedly people liked those. A new father?

While a few individuals began to talk amongst each other, the teacher seemed to observe the room once more, before leaving. Today was to be a free day, purely to get acquainted with the school and it's layout.

Eventually, one individual stood up, turning to address the class. They were a boy with blonde hair, and they talked comfortably in a public setting without hesitation.

"Hey, everyone, could I have a moment? Since we have so much free time today, I was hoping we could all introduce ourselves to each other. How about it?"

"Introductions, huh" Ayanokouji thought to himself. This could be beneficial, but also... unnecessary. He could find their names out through other ways. No doubt there would be other ways to view the students names and faces through some connection on his phone, or even via other methods. No, there were better ways to spend his valuable time in this school.

The first of which? Going to the store before viewing his dorm.

He carefully reached towards the window.