𝑺𝑰𝑿

"I never doubted them!" JJ laughed, bursting out the back entrance of The Wreck, Aria by his side.

Pope and Kiara walked ahead, the pair behind jogging to catch up.

After the group had ran out of class earlier that day, they'd all just left, the first day was never that important anyways.

The early afternoon sun shone bright on Aria's face, adding to the tan she'd developed since moving away from Detroit.

The Wreck was bustling with people during the lunch hour of a Monday, forcing the group outside, away from the dangers of prying ears and gossips.

"I owe you five bucks." Pope smacked a note in Kie's outstretched hand, smirking at her all the while.

Kiara spun at a call of her name from The Wreck's back porch, her mother yelling after her. "Kiara, i need those setups done by five."

Aria glanced back at Kie's mum. She hadn't gotten to know her as well as Mr Carrera, who was working everyday next to her.

"There are other people that work here." Kie yelled back, shooting a look at Aria, who glared back at her.

"Ain't none of 'em my children!" Ms Carrera shouted back at her, winking at Aria as she caught her eye.

Pope swung an arm around Kie. "I feel that. On a deep, emotional level, I understand that-"

"So we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ cut off Pope, getting straight to the point.

The group collapsed on the edge of the dock chairs, eyes gleaming excitedly, faces glowing with joy.. And the slight sunburn.

Aria leant her head back, taking in the sun's harsh rays on her face, closing her eyes whilst doing so, only vaguely listening to the conversation going on around her.

She grinned, rocking her head back up when she felt JJ slump down next to her, draping a loose arm over her shoulders, eyebrows furrowed, completely invested in the debate.

"There's no way we're getting to the Bahamas." Pope rolled his eyes at JJ like it was an obvious  reasoning.

Kie turned her body from her seat to face the whole group, a somewhat serious look on her face. "John B's gonna get nabbed sooner or later." She cocked her head to the side, raising an eyebrow at JJ. "So if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it like, yesterday." She finished with a heavy sigh, dragging a sweaty palm over her face.

JJ stood, pacing around the group. "I'll tell you how we do it."

Aria hid a snicker at his abruptness, Pope sharing her sense of humour. "Oh so you have it all planned out?" The genius smirked disbelievingly.

JJ stops walking, turning to face Pope directly, shooting Aria a fast wink before doing so. "As a matter of fact i do." A pause. "We kidnap Rafe."

Aria snorted, unable to hide her amusement this time."I'm sorry, what?"

JJ tilted his head towards her, that spark of mischief glistening in his eyes. "We kidnap Rafe." He repeated. "Tie him up, and stick a gun in his mouth, then just wait till he starts squawking."

JJ flopped himself down next to Aria again, face all smug, throwing his arm around her again. Aria chuckled, flicking his arm off. "Idiot."

He tilted his head down close to her face, wearing a sly smirk he raised his eyebrows, whispering in her ear. "Excuse me sunshine?"

Aria heart skipped a beat, locking eyes with JJ, mentally cursing Kie for speaking up, interrupting the few seconds of bliss she'd felt.

"You know, torture's a war crime." Kie spoke matter-of-factly, elbows resting on her yellow jeans.