19 - MIT Acceptance and Doctor Strange

Start from the beginning

Hannah watch them, anxiously, waiting for them to reveal their acceptance.

They opened their letters. After reading, they looked at each other, all disappointed.

"No," Hailey said.

"No," Chase said, sadly.

"No," Peter said. "You?" he looked at Ned.

"'In light of recent controversy, we are unable to consider your application at this time,'" Ned read, realign his rejection as well.

Hannah looked at them, emphatically.

Hailey bit her lip, not wanting to cry in front of everyone. This was their last chance. She kept her hopes low and she was still disappointed. 

"This is not fair," Peter said. "I mean, this is so not fair. I didn't do anything wrong. And you guys definitely didn't do anything wrong."

Peter said the words that Hailey was thinking.

It was definitely not fair. They were all innocent. All that Peter did was stop Mysterio and now, he's being painted as the villain and since Hailey, Chase and Ned help him, they were dealing with the consequences of doing the right thing.

"Yeah, well, if you keep your expectations low, you won't get disappointed," Hailey said.

Flash Thompson, who discovered the location of the Hide Out came in. He walked in, smiling and singing some stupid song while wearing an MIT shirt.

"No sleep till... Bam-bam-bam-bam! Boston!" Flash sang

His smiled faded.

"You guys didn't get in?"

"Yeah," Chase said, bluntly. "Because we're actually friends with Spider - Man."

"Yh, yeah..." Flash looked down at his watch, "I better get going. There's a mixer for new admissions... and..." he turned to leave, "sorry guys."

After Flash left, Hailey looked down at her admissions letter.

"You know what?" Hailey said.

Chase, Peter, Ned and Hannah looked at her.

She ripped her letter to pieces.

Chase looked at her stunned. 

"I wouldn't change a thing," Hailey said.

Hannah smiled a little.

"Me neither," Chase said, teasing his letter into pieces as well.

"Same here," Ned said. 

He did the same thing as Hailey and Chase.

After he ripped his admissions letter, he realized, "Although, I coulda just showed this letter to my parents."

"Hey, college isn't everything," Hannah said. "You guys can apply again when all of this blows over."

"Do you think we can get in?" Chase asked, curiously.

"If it comes out that you guys were in the right, which you guys are, then yeah, I think you guys will get in," Hannah said.

Chase smiled a little.

***

Olivia comforted Hailey and Chase after they got rejected while Jeremy went on his many rants about Peter and how not only was a murderer, but he ruined Hailey and Chase's lives.

Hailey laid on her bed, wishing that she could do something different. She never felt so hopeless.

She ended eleventh grade, hopeful and optimistic and here she is in her senior year, feeling the exact opposite.