Yellow

CHAPTER TWO

It has been three years since Alicent and King Viserys wed. Nothing has came within Ser Criston and I. Just passing glances in the halls and a quickly hello if possible. He became apart of the King's Guard on Rhaenrya's request. For me it felt a bit like betrayal. Ser Criston is a wonderful knight and great in combat but she could have chosen anyone else to protect her father. She chose him.

As a member of the King's Guard he can not marry. He can not hold lands. He can not father children. It ached my heart He would stand guard at feasts and while we went on trips and tourney's.

This particular day we went on a trip for a hunt. Alicent requested I ride in the Royal Wheelhouse with her and the King, Rhaenyra included. Along with my nephew, Aegon. Alicent was also with child again, her time growing near.

"Someday this will be yours." Viserys said to Rhaenyra as he played with little Aegon in his arms. "You will carry and birth your own heir and be the mother you were meant to be."

Rhaenyra rolled her eyes. "It looks uncomfortable."

"It is." Alicent breathlessly chuckled.

"I want to be a mother someday." I added.

"You will be once you marry a proper man, Viserys and I can find one for you if you'd like." Alicent replied.

King Viserys nodded and smiled. "If Daemon was not married I'd arrange for you to wed him, but alas, he is already married."

"I would not be able to keep him tamed." I replied. "I mean no offence, Your Grace, but Prince Daemon would stress me far too much."

The entire wheelhouse was filled with laughter. All agreeing that I could not in a million years handle a single day with Daemon Targaryen. Many other names were passed about the wheelhouse. Laenor Valaryon, the son of Lord Corlys was one. I showed my dismay as well to that offer.

"I think he's a fine choice." Rhaenyra replied.

"You marry him then." I joked.

"Maybe I will!" She elbowed me playfully.

As we approached the King's Woods for the hunt I noticed Ser Criston standing aside, sipping a cup of wine. He looked as wonderful as he did the day I saw him three years ago. Slowly I walked up to him and stood in front of him.

"Lady Hightower." He smiled.

"Ser Criston Cole." I replied, trying to hide that I was blushing.

"I never noticed how auburn your hair is." He tilted his head to the side a bit. "The sunlight does you wonders, my Lady."

"As the same for you. I suppose you thrive in the rays of the sun, do you not?" I asked.

He grinned and I could see as he blushed. "I do, my Lady Hightower." He bowed his head and looked around, seeing who was watching and who was listening.

"Walk with me." I demanded kindly. "My legs don't like to stay idle for long. Come." I waved him on. He nodded and followed alongside me.

Walking past each booth where some sold bread, some meat, some making swords and daggers. I stayed close beside Criston. We stood in front of a booth selling necklaces, rings, and other jewelery.

"What's your color?" Criston asked.

"My house-"

"I am not asking your house colors. I am asking yours. What do you prefer?" He asked with a smile.

"Now why should I tell you my color?" Snarky, but he seemed to like when I toyed with him a bit.

He shrugged. "Perhaps the Lady Hightower would not wish to recieve a gift on a random day, random time, from a myster suitor." He winked at me.